VIGI NVR4032H V1 - SATA interface

2024-08-11 03:56:27 - last edited Thursday
Model: VIGI NVR4032H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have the VIGI NVR4032H V1 and I'm in the process of getting the HDD's.

Due to capacity requirements, I opted for physical (mechanical) Hard-Drives, rather than SSD's.

I'm planning on starting with a single 10TB (Enterprise, or Surveillance class) Drive.

Most drives available are SATA3. The documentation of VIGI NVR4032H V1 states only SATA. Not very specific. 

Am I overthinking this?

Please advise is it SATA, SATA II, or SATA III

Thanks

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:VIGI NVR4032H V1 - SATA interface-Solution
2024-08-11 04:19:49 - last edited Thursday

Hi  @AndrewCra 

Regular SATA should do it. We don't require that specific version.

If you refer the version to the speed, it'd be SATA 3.0 drive which is the current most seen SATA drive you would find on the market.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-08-11 04:54:34 - last edited Thursday

Hi  @AndrewCra 

AndrewCra wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank you for the quick reply.

But would a SATA3 still work? Aka being backwards compatible?

Thank yoU!

In terms of the speed?

Speed should not be a problem. In another word, should be backwards compatible.

But you still check if the SATA standard has a backwards compatible tradition.

As for our networking devices, CAT cables, they are backwards compatible. I am not sure about the SATA standard. Better check it.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
2024-08-11 04:19:49 - last edited Thursday

Hi  @AndrewCra 

Regular SATA should do it. We don't require that specific version.

If you refer the version to the speed, it'd be SATA 3.0 drive which is the current most seen SATA drive you would find on the market.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:VIGI NVR4032H V1 - SATA interface
2024-08-11 04:44:15 - last edited Thursday

@Clive_A 

Thank yoU!

Options
2024-08-11 04:54:34 - last edited Thursday

Hi  @AndrewCra 

AndrewCra wrote

@Clive_A 

Thank yoU!

In terms of the speed?

Speed should not be a problem. In another word, should be backwards compatible.

But you still check if the SATA standard has a backwards compatible tradition.

As for our networking devices, CAT cables, they are backwards compatible. I am not sure about the SATA standard. Better check it.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 3

Related Articles