7 weeks to get a warranty exchange ?

2024-08-13 10:07:43
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

First time I need to use the TP-Link warranty.

But once I contacted the support they told me that I will need to wait minimum 7 weeks to get my exchanged switch.

I'm really surprised by these very long delay.

Anyone got experience with the Lifetime Warranty from TP-Link ?

I'm afraid to maybe wait many months before get this case close.

Options
5 Reply
Re:7 weeks to get a warranty exchange ?
2024-08-14 00:46:32

Hi @Pascal 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

EOL product. The stock may be delayed to get one and ship it to you. It is understandable. But I am not sure what they said to you if you misheard the rep.

Usually, it is 3-5 workdays before your RMA is processed and shipped.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-16 09:37:08 - last edited 2024-08-20 07:54:53

Hi  @Clive_A 

the procedure is laborious.

a first contact with a support agent via chat who referred me to a telephone number. to call.

In my case in Belgium there is no support in my language and I have to go through the Netherlands.

Then the agent on the phone sends me to an email address stating that given my EOL device the return times will be at least 7 weeks.

I had sent the mail and here is the return...they confirm the 6-8 weeks delays if not in stock, and in fact with my T2600-28MPS 3-4years old, there is no stock there.

It's maybe a good idea to provide not a same product exchange if we fall in this situation and give a model similar that is in stock...and maybe more actual ?

I don't think there is so much defect device with TP-Link and in case of Lifetime Cover warranty it maybe better to give the best sas for the brand ?

De : TPLINKNL <support.nl@tp-link.com>
Envoyé : vendredi 16 août 2024 11:22
À : info@services-pc.be
Objet : Re: [#xxxxx] RMA request for switch under lifetime warranty

Geachte info@services-pc.be,

Thank you for your feedback.

With this email you get the following RMA number: xxxxxxx

This number will remain active as long as the RMA procedure is active. I would like to ask you to send your product/compnent with a copy of this email to:

TP-LINK Netherlands B.V.
Archimedesbaan 18E
3439 ME Nieuwegein

Once we have gotten your defective product then we will test this on defects. If your product turns out to be defective we will send a replacement.

Please note when a replacement unit is in stock then the max replacement time will be 2 weeks, if an replacement is not in stock then a replacement must be ordered which can have a replacement time of 6-8 weeks.

Because your case will be taken over by our RMA department we will close your tech ticket, once your product has been made ready for shipment you will get an Track and Trace number by e-mail.

Met vriendelijke groet,

TP-Link Customer care

TP-Link Enterprises Netherlands B.V. 

Archimedesbaan 18e 

3439ME Nieuwegein, NL

support.nl@tp-link.com

www.tp-link.com/nl 

www.facebook.com/TPLINKNL

Online video instructies: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5-saTC8Zglm5I-ZIYd3psfiHxwrWYb0S

Telefoon: +31-(0)30-6038735 (Nederlands/English)

Options
2024-08-19 01:06:12

Hi @Pascal 

First, for the sake of email confidentiality, you should not include the original conversation in a public place.

Second, the RMA procedure I mentioned, 3-5 business days is mainly what we do in the North American regions. I was not aware of your region when replying to your post in the first place.

And the RMA procedure may take longer if there is a situation we need to address. This is expected to be normal.

Third, in RMA in the EU, the local company takes of the cases. If there is no TP-Link in your region, you will be relayed to the closest TP-Link team. Indeed that's how the EU RMA works.

The timeline will be explained by the local companies and we may not be able to get you any help. We do not have the right to get involved with the local company procedures.

Regarding if you can change a different performance and spec-wise product, you should consult this with the local support/RMA team. I am not able to offer you a solution.

If you have any issues, please contact the local sales team regarding your case.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
2024-08-20 08:12:38 - last edited 2024-08-20 08:34:42

Hi @Clive_A 
Totaly agree with you !

A decent RMA delay of 3-5 days and often less, is accordely mainly meet with many others companies in EU for my country.
This is why I posted my experience into this business forum, as I'm really surprised of the situation compare to the US North region.

Does TP-Link take soo much less consideration of the west EU region ?

Can we still consider that 7 weeks to provide a warranty exchange is a nice warranty services coverage ?

Can we really stay 7 weeks and maybe more with a temporary solution into a business ? this definitely involve new expenses and lost.

I can really imagine some Verry Old products with lifetime warranty that can generate some trouble in terms of availabilities, but here I speak about

a product less than 4 years old, this is not so much for some network product that can stay easely 7-9 years without fall in deprecated solution like a switch

and EU states rules will force factories to keep parts in stocks for minimum 10 years.
I'm pointing here the TP-Link logistcs and stocks as 7 weeks looks like that my product will come from China with a boat !

Finaly, Forums are not only to got support but to share experiences too, and I don't really care about share a automatic mail reply if it contain already shared public contents,

may I know wich part of this you consider as confidential ? and where the sender writed any prevents about confidentality contents ?

@Clive_A I'm just here to share and help everyone, even TP-Link ...as after sale services are part of succes of a brand ! 

I will close my post once the RMA process will be ended.

Best Regards

Options
2024-08-20 08:59:47

Hi @Pascal 

Pascal wrote

Hi @Clive_A 
Totaly agree with you !

A decent RMA delay of 3-5 days and often less, is accordely mainly meet with many others companies in EU for my country.
This is why I posted my experience into this business forum, as I'm really surprised of the situation compare to the US North region.

Does TP-Link take soo much less consideration of the west EU region ?

Can we still consider that 7 weeks to provide a warranty exchange is a nice warranty services coverage ?

Can we really stay 7 weeks and maybe more with a temporary solution into a business ? this definitely involve new expenses and lost.

I can really imagine some Verry Old products with lifetime warranty that can generate some trouble in terms of availabilities, but here I speak about

a product less than 4 years old, this is not so much for some network product that can stay easely 7-9 years without fall in deprecated solution like a switch

and EU states rules will force factories to keep parts in stocks for minimum 10 years.
I'm pointing here the TP-Link logistcs and stocks as 7 weeks looks like that my product will come from China with a boat !

Finaly, Forums are not only to got support but to share experiences too, and I don't really care about share a automatic mail reply if it contain already shared public contents,

may I know wich part of this you consider as confidential ? and where the sender writed any prevents about confidentality contents ?

@Clive_A I'm just here to share and help everyone, even TP-Link ...as after sale services are part of succes of a brand ! 

I will close my post once the RMA process will be ended.

Best Regards

As long as the email has a confidentiality disclaimer, which we usually have, you should not post the original contents anywhere public. I don't know if the contact you had with has this disclaimer. 

Regarding regional matters, I do not have any experience with them or ever worked with them. For the Europe RMA, was taken care of by the local team/retailer and a support center. I cannot comment on that. I have recommended you contact the person who you reached out to and see if they can change to a different model like the previous reply.

About the RMA or support like that, usually, it is taken care of by the retailer if you purchased it from the authorized retailer or you are referred to the local company or main distributor.

You are in Europe and you are aware of the regional complexity. We have many offices in Europe. Countries like Germany and France, they got their own offices.

A support center is in RO for the support tickets and calls in Europe. For north Europe, it also has several local companies. The UK got one, too.

I recall that North Europe got a local company that takes care of several countries' RMA as well. Neighbors.

7 weeks is a painful fact and is not considered excellent, of course(my view). I understand you and share your feelings. But that's been explained by the person who you talked with. In some situations, they need to arrange the shipping and other stuff. Logistics.

Like I wrote earlier, I have given you a possible solution that may replace the model with a likewise one. See if they can agree with you and arrange that.

This will be my last comment. I know it is bad and I feel you but there isn't much I can do in this situation.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 229

Replies: 5

Related Articles