VIGI NVR - Network/cloud backup of recording.

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 240411 Rel.68081n

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a way to back up my NVR (VIGI NVR1016H(UN) 1.20) recordings outside of the NVR and the external USB disk. While backing up to an external USB HDD is helpful for preventing data loss due to corruption of faiure on main disk, both the NVR and the HDD are in the same room. This means that in the event of theft, I would lose everything.

I've tried to find options to access or upload recordings via the network, but haven't had any success so far. Am I missing something? Does anyone have suggestions for securing backups in a different location or over the network?

Thank you for any advice!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:VIGI NVR - Network/cloud backup of recording.-Solution

Hi @mgrose 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unfortunately, there is no way to achieve this. Natively not possible.

As a workaround, you can consider setting up a NAS or something similar to pull the stream and save the recording on the NAS.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:VIGI NVR - Network/cloud backup of recording.-Solution

Hi @mgrose 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Unfortunately, there is no way to achieve this. Natively not possible.

As a workaround, you can consider setting up a NAS or something similar to pull the stream and save the recording on the NAS.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options