Can't configure EAP610 (US) AX1800

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: EAP610  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.6

I picked up the TP-Link EAP 610 v2. I also picked a PoE injector, everything works fine, the 2.4 a 5 showed up in Settings/WiFi on both my iPhone and iPad.  That being said, they are unsecured, so I tried the app from the App Store, and it can't find the AP. There is a link to check compatibility, and the EAP610 is not on the list. Next, there is a web address to use, from the printed manual in the box, but it's defunct (Server not found) I went to support on their website, and EAP610 is no longer listed there. I've sent them a nice, polite detailed email and hopefully will hear something back early in the week.

I'm trying to use this in the simplest way, in Standalone Mode hopefully, to get access on my porch, one floor up and on the other end of the house. Access in the rest off the house is fine, it's just that there are too many construction obstructions in the way to the porch, the speed test .49 mbps, lol. Now with the AP plugged in, on the first floor but at the other end of the house, it's automatically broadcasting 2.4 and 5, and 5 works best on the porch, 140 mbps, much, much better. But, it's unsecured, and I can't get into it to configure it. I just want it in Standalone Mode, and to use the same SSID adn password as I already have. I probably have a good 6 hours of searching, and just can't get anywhere, hopefully someone here will have had the same problem and solved it. Thanks for reading this.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't configure EAP610 (US) AX1800-Solution

@SBremner I'm sorry Vincent, but I haven't received that email. The only email I received is the acknowledgement of my request. Also, how to set up the SSID is not the issue. My problem is that the Omada App does not find AP, even, if I'm standing next to it. Also, the web address given in the setup guide is defunct. This means that I have no way of configuring the AP.

Steve

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't configure EAP610 (US) AX1800
3 weeks ago

Hi @SBremner 

Our support agent provided a very detailed guideline on how to change the SSID. You may search your email inbox via TKID240833772.

Options
Re:Can't configure EAP610 (US) AX1800-Solution

@SBremner I'm sorry Vincent, but I haven't received that email. The only email I received is the acknowledgement of my request. Also, how to set up the SSID is not the issue. My problem is that the Omada App does not find AP, even, if I'm standing next to it. Also, the web address given in the setup guide is defunct. This means that I have no way of configuring the AP.

Steve

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't configure EAP610 (US) AX1800
3 weeks ago
I've solved problem by boxing it up and sending back to the distributor. I'm buying another brand, my patience has just worn too thin.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 132

Replies: 3

Related Articles