OMADA set up VLAN on switch, 3rd party router

2024-08-23 08:19:54 - last edited 2024-08-23 08:39:35
Tags: #Vlan
Model: OC200   TL-SG2008   TL-SG3210  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: All 3 are upto date as of 8/23/24

I'm having trouble setting up several VLANs on the omada controller.

We have been running the 2 switches (sg3210x and sg2008) for several months now with VLANs set up on the switches through the web interface and they have been great, running exactly how we want with none of the different VLANs able to see each other, however able to connect by external ip when needed, it's been  perfect,

We have been so impressed by them we decided to get a OC200 controller to give us more control over the network as part of a planned upgrade to the network, will hopefully be adding a few WAPs soon 

However we have been unable to set up VLANs in the same way through the controller, all we want to do is set up the VLANs up exactly the way we had them through the web interface on the switch

How do we do it? We have tried all the guides we can find and none of them seem to work in the way we want,

We do not (and probably will not) have a omada router as we need to use a 3rd party one due to isp requirements

The router does not have VLAN function, hence the switch is required 

can you please advise on the procedure?

Cheers guys :)

Options
2 Reply
Re:OMADA set up VLAN on switch, 3rd party router
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@4Octets 

You can go to Wired Network-LAN and create a VLAN for the switch, which will result in creating a profile.

The native Network refers to the PVID from the Web UI, and you may return to Devices and click on the Switch to open a little window on the right.

You can apply the profile to the port using the edit option.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:OMADA set up VLAN on switch, 3rd party router
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Hank21 

This just does not work, I may be doing it wrong but I can't get the vlans to work

What I do on the web gui it takes minutes and has allways worked for me, the omada web and app versions are a cluster of confusing words and none of it helps, I have spent a lot of time trying your instructions and have got no where

I could be doing it wrong or have the wrong end of the stick so I will run you through what we do on the switch webui to make our vlans

We navigat to the 802 page

Creat a vlan id (number)

Creat a vlan name

We then click along the row of boxes to pick the ports we want

So for this example:

Id: 2

Name: pc1

Ports: 2, 6(2 is the port the pc is on, 6 is the port that connects to the router, if we want more in the vlan we can add more ports, eg, 4, so it would be ports 2,4,6)

We then go to the port cfg page and set the pvid of port 2 (and 4) to id:2 leaving 6 on the default pid 1 (system) 

Any ports left on 1 stay as system ports

We can then make other vlans up like 3,6 where 3 is the machine and 6 is the router port, in the end we can have many vlans sharing the same link to the router, but all vlans can't see each other 

When I do it like this I get exactly what we want, the selected ports are on a vlan and can only see themselves and can communicate to the router through the system port.

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong with the omada version of this.

Can you please post a step by step guide in very simple terms to achieve what is listed above but in the omada webgui/app?

I'm sorry I'm having so much difficulty with this, I hope you can help :) 

Sorry to be such a pain!!

Looking forward to hearing from you and learning how to get this all up and running, thank you for your time with this!

Options