English manual for TL-SG2008MP v3.0

3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: TL-SG2008  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello guys,

Do you have any English manual for TL-SG2008MP?
I bought TL-SG2008P but suppliers send me MP model with Chinese instructions :(

As i saw in internet, MP model are made for internal China market, this model are not CE in any way and working with Chinese TP-Link APP only.

+20y experience in Linux/UNIX, +12y VMware, +10y as network admin, +8y as AIX admin (professional) I really know what is going on at background, please don't try to cheat me TP-Link :)
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:English manual for TL-SG2008MP v3.0-Solution

Hi @DREEMus 

It seems that you have purchased a Chinese domestic model. There is no such a model on our site. Nor can we provide any information for you. From the software level, it is not the same as Omada.

Please return it as there is no warranty or support for the product that is intended to be sold in domestic China. Even if you need any RMA or support, you are required to contact the Chinese support team.

Please purchase a model listed on the global site.

If you persist in keeping the product, please bear in mind we do not offer any sort of help or support to a product that is sold in domestic China.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:English manual for TL-SG2008MP v3.0-Solution

Hi @DREEMus 

It seems that you have purchased a Chinese domestic model. There is no such a model on our site. Nor can we provide any information for you. From the software level, it is not the same as Omada.

Please return it as there is no warranty or support for the product that is intended to be sold in domestic China. Even if you need any RMA or support, you are required to contact the Chinese support team.

Please purchase a model listed on the global site.

If you persist in keeping the product, please bear in mind we do not offer any sort of help or support to a product that is sold in domestic China.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:English manual for TL-SG2008MP v3.0
3 weeks ago

@Clive_A 

I expect that kind of reply.

I know about very limited RMA in any case, but this is not my case.

I just want to read English version of instruction, but if you (as contact with TP-Link) are not allow to get any (if there is any English version), that's OK.

Very thanks for detailed reply!

+20y experience in Linux/UNIX, +12y VMware, +10y as network admin, +8y as AIX admin (professional) I really know what is going on at background, please don't try to cheat me TP-Link :)
Options
Re:English manual for TL-SG2008MP v3.0
3 weeks ago

Hi @DREEMus 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

DREEMus wrote

@Clive_A 

I expect that kind of reply.

I know about very limited RMA in any case, but this is not my case.

I just want to read English version of instruction, but if you (as contact with TP-Link) are not allow to get any (if there is any English version), that's OK.

Very thanks for detailed reply!

Highly recommend you return the product as everything is limited.

If you prefer to keep it, the workaround is that the English translation should be easy as you can send the file to some kind of translator to get it translated by the machine. Yet, it is not accurate because it is not human-reviewed and the system is not Omada, as you are aware of that.

And it is not me who is not willing to get you an English version. It is the Chinese domestic product and there is no English version at all.

(The page is Chinese and no other languages supported: https://resource.tp-link.com.cn/pc/docCenter/showDoc?productId=1845&type=FUNCTION_CONFIGURATION&id=1687143363196423)

You can try to contact the (Chinese) support team regarding it. Maybe the email or online chat to see if they can serve in English.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 126

Replies: 3

Related Articles