Omada v5.14.26.1: Android and IOS phone cannot connect to portal

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago
Model: EAP110  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

I used lower version of Controller and it was working fine in all OS in my WiFi portal, until such time, it was failed, I upgrade the controller to v5.14.26.1, the problem is, I cannot connect to WiFi portal, it says "Connection Failed", I tried to use the PC using WiFi and it is working... What would be the issue, anyone can help me here please.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada v5.14.26.1: Android and IOS phone cannot connect to portal-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Hank21 

Thanks Hank21, It is now working, I just reset the AP and restarted the server, removed latest windows update and Updated the Android phone, I don't know which one resolved the issue. Thanks again..

Recommended Solution
Options
10 Reply
Re:Omada v5.14.26.1: Android and IOS phone cannot connect to portal
2 weeks ago

@TagaPayo 

Can the portal page pop up ? Does the client load the portal page properly? If the page does not pop up, do you try to open the web browser and type HTTPS to test if the page would pop up? Or you just cannot connect after you enter the authentication?

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2 weeks ago

@Hank21 

Thanks for the reply Hank21,

portal did not display in IOS and Android phone, it display in PC using WiFi and no problem at all, I can connect using voucher 

Options
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@TagaPayo 

What is the firmware version of your EAP110? You can try to update it to the latest version. Do you set any limitations to the voucher settings? Perhaps you should check if you set limitations for the user of the voucher. If you manually forget the SSID and rejoin the network, can the portal pop up? 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2 weeks ago

@Hank21 

- This is my EAP110-Outdoor(US) v3.0 / 5.0.7, I think this is the latest version

- I voucher is usable in PC or even in Laptop no issue encountered

- Forget and rejoin (ISO and Android) is still the same, connection failed, cannot display login portal

Options
2 weeks ago

@TagaPayo 

Could you try opening a web browser and typing HTTP or HTTPs? Could that possibly work? If not, could you kindly allow me to check your configuration? Does this problem only arise after a controller upgrade? Try creating a new voucher to see if that would work, if possible. What is the device's model number? What is the version of iOS?

Options

@TagaPayo 

* The problem started when there was an error in MongoDB, and all WiFi users was not able to connect...

* And upgraded the Omada to v5.14.26.1, im not sure if this was causing the issue, i uninstalled some latest Microsoft update in the server, still no luck...

* Connecting PC and Laptop over WiFi is okay no issue, they able to access the portal & connected to internet... 

* Only IOS and Android cannot open the portal, even though we forget and reconnect it... all  mobile phones

* How can we figure-out the issue

Options

@TagaPayo 

So the issue is that the portal page does not pop up when mobile phones connect to the Wi-Fi. Now, I am asking you the configuration and suggest you try to open the web browser and on the search bar to type http or https to test if the portal page would pop up. To better analyze the issue, you should take the suggested test and provide us with the requested information. You should also check to see if your mobile phone has blocked the portal from appearing, ensure that you are connected to the correct SSID, and that the signal source is strong enough.

Options
Re:Omada v5.14.26.1: Android and IOS phone cannot connect to portal-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Hank21 

Thanks Hank21, It is now working, I just reset the AP and restarted the server, removed latest windows update and Updated the Android phone, I don't know which one resolved the issue. Thanks again..

Recommended Solution
Options
Tuesday

@TagaPayo 

Hi everyone,

The problem is RECURRING after several days, there is no new MS update in the server pc, IOS and Android is also up to date, it seems very difficult to figure out the issue.

Options
Tuesday

@TagaPayo 

Not yet DONE, still recurring issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 252

Replies: 10

Related Articles