EAP 215 TX Power

EAP 215 TX Power
EAP 215 TX Power
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: EAP215-Bridge KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

Can anyone confirm that the TX Power (EIRP) setting in the tplinkeap.net standalone does indeed include the antenna gain? It does say it in the software that it includes antenna gain but I had a tplink support person tell me it didn't?

The setting allows for 12-30 dbm. 

Excuse my ignorance but if I have it set at 12dbm, does that mean with the 11dbi antenna, that roughly the Transmit power of the unit is only like 1 dbm if there are no other losses?

Appreciate any help

Regards

Adam

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP 215 TX Power-Solution

@LittleJerry 

I have helped you double-confirm. It does include the antenna gain, and you can notice that there is a notice below the EIRP settings. And your understanding about the EIRP is correct; if the value set to be 12 dBm, then the rough transmission power is 1 dBm with no other loss.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP 215 TX Power-Solution

@LittleJerry 

I have helped you double-confirm. It does include the antenna gain, and you can notice that there is a notice below the EIRP settings. And your understanding about the EIRP is correct; if the value set to be 12 dBm, then the rough transmission power is 1 dBm with no other loss.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:EAP 215 TX Power
2 weeks ago

@Hank21 Those instructions say the transmit power does include the antenna gain. Am I misunderstanding something?

Options
Re:EAP 215 TX Power
2 weeks ago
Thanks mate
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 133

Replies: 3

Related Articles