NVR cannot work on VLAN and Static IP

2 weeks ago - last edited 13 hours ago
Model: VIGI NVR1016H  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello, I'm trying to configure my IPC and NVR on separate VLAN 192.168.40.1/24. However I'm having a trouble working with them, when they're on their own VLAN 40 and static ip for nvr, the NVR is saying connected to internet and no cloud access.

Similarly with the camera, the NVR couldn't locate them if both of them are in VLAN 40

As of now they're on Default VLAN of my omada system which is 192.168.0.1/24 and everything works well.

Can anyone help me in this case?

Options
4 Reply
Re:NVR cannot work on VLAN and Static IP
a week ago - last edited 13 hours ago

Hi @Krade 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

No cloud access, do you have Internet on the VLAN?

Have you tested with a computer?

Recommend you make sure the basic IP parameters are correct. If this does not fix your issue, please give more details about your network scheme.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options

@Clive_A Yes, the VLAN has internet access; my phone can connect to the internet (all my IPC are wireless) the WiFi is also under the VLAN 40

This what the NVR shows

Options

Hi @Krade 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Krade wrote

@Clive_A Yes, the VLAN has internet access; my phone can connect to the internet (all my IPC are wireless) the WiFi is also under the VLAN 40

This what the NVR shows

Show me a picture of a computer getting an IP from this VLAN and using the DNS 8.8.8.8(nslookup or dig) to resolve a domain of VIGI which is mentioned in another KB post.

And got a very strange question, you use dynamic IP in the default VLAN1? Can you use a dynamic IP on VLAN 40? If you can provide another screenshot, that'd be great.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Tuesday - last edited 13 hours ago

If you have an omada smart switch, assigned the port the nvr is connected on to the vlan you assigned the nvr (vlan40). Set the nvr to dynamic IP.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 128

Replies: 4

Related Articles