OSD Settings Not Applying

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Sunday - last edited 14 hours ago
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.2 Build 240513 Rel.39880n

Hi - I currently have an issue with OSD Settings not being applied to a VIGI Camera - VIGI C450, despite the OSD Settings being active/enabled.

In the OSD Settings it shows its enabled and applied - However going into live-view or playback view - I cannot see it on the camera.

I have tried the following - However this doesn't change the fact the OSD is not being applied to the camera.

• I have removed the camera from the NVR, and re-added it.
  • Performed factory reset on the camera.

Is there something else I'm missing?

I have another TPLink Vigi Camera (VIGI C250 1.0) - Witht the same OSD Settings applied and works fine with no issues.

Is this a currently known bug?

Thanks!

NVR/Camera details and screenshots below.

Current NVR Hardware: VIGI NVR1008H-8MP(UN) 1.20

Current NVR Firmware: 1.1.2 Build 240815 Rel.65006n

Camera Hardware: VIGI C450 1.0

Camera Software: 2.0.2 Build 240513 Rel.39880n

OSD Settings:

OSD Missing from Live View:

OSD Missing from Playback:

EDIT: Just integrated a secondary VIGI C450 that is running the previous firmware (1.0.0 Build 230411 Rel.60324n) - And OSD settings are being applied with no issues.

EDIT 2: Just upgraded the secondary VIGI C450 to 2.0.2 Build 240513 Rel.39880n and the OSD settings are sticking too, and being applied to the camera.

EDIT 3 - 19.September.2024: Replaced the clearly defective C450. Replacement C450 is able to set OSD and capture colour. Appears the C450 was clearly defective.

Will be RMA'ing the defective one.

Thread has been locked.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OSD Settings Not Applying-Solution
14 hours ago - last edited 14 hours ago

Ordered a new repalcement Vigi C450 to replace the one that fails to basic tasks like setting OSD Settings and Capture Colour.

The replacement one is working as normal. Can set OSD and the Camera captures colour.

Seems like 1 of the 2 C450 that I had was faulty.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:OSD Settings Not Applying
Monday - last edited 16 hours ago

Hi @drthslyr 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you set OSD from the local software or VSM cloud? Have you tried it locally?

drthslyr wrote

EDIT: Just integrated a secondary VIGI C450 that is running the previous firmware (1.0.0 Build 230411 Rel.60324n) - And OSD settings are being applied with no issues.

EDIT 2: Just upgraded the secondary VIGI C450 to 2.0.2 Build 240513 Rel.39880n and the OSD settings are sticking too, and being applied to the camera.

Is it resolved?

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Options
Monday - last edited 16 hours ago

@Clive_A 

Clive_A wrote

Hi @drthslyr 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Do you set OSD from the local software or VSM cloud? Have you tried it locally?

I've tried setting the OSD via multiple methods;

- Via the NVR directly (not via IP Management).

- Via the NVR (using the IP Management interface).

- Via the Camera (using the IP Management interface of the camera).

- Via the VIGI App.

None of the above methods is applying the OSD settings.

Clive_A wrote

drthslyr wrote

Is it resolved?

No NOT resolved. Read it again. I have 2x VIGI C450 - Both on the latest firmware.

- One of the C450s has the OSD applied without issue.

OSD was set using the via the NVR using the IP Management interface.

- One of the C450s does not have the OSD applied, regardless of how I've set the OSD.

Options
Tuesday - last edited 16 hours ago

Now appear to have a secondary issue with the VIGI C450 that can't apply OSD settings (Happy to create a second thread). The camera won't capture colour despite there being enough light for colour. I have to "reset" the camera, colour will then work (OSD still missing), colour will return for around 12hours, and then revert to black and white only until I Reset the camera again...

Options
Re:OSD Settings Not Applying-Solution
14 hours ago - last edited 14 hours ago

Ordered a new repalcement Vigi C450 to replace the one that fails to basic tasks like setting OSD Settings and Capture Colour.

The replacement one is working as normal. Can set OSD and the Camera captures colour.

Seems like 1 of the 2 C450 that I had was faulty.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 83

Replies: 4

Related Articles