How many 4MP cameras can NVR 1008H record?

Saturday - last edited Tuesday
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I have connected 2 x VIGI C240 cameras to this NVR. I now want to add 2 more 4MP VIGI cameras but as the specifications say

1-ch @ 8MP, 2-ch @ 4MP, 4-ch @ 2MP

its a bit confusing as to whether the additional cameras will be able to record in the full 4MP resolution or do I have to reduce the resolution? I don't want to live view simultaneously all the cameras just record with all 4MP x 4 cameras, is it possible? What is the limiting factor with recording- bandwidth or megapixel or no of cameras? Can I record all 8 channels in 4MP if total b/w is within 80mbps?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How many 4MP cameras can NVR 1008H record?-Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

Hi  @rishu28 

100Mbps is the maximum port speed. You don't wanna exceed the bandwidth in the datasheet.

That capacity you listed, is the total capacity for the decode when you watch the live view. That's decode. Not recording.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:How many 4MP cameras can NVR 1008H record?-Solution
Sunday - last edited Sunday

Hi  @rishu28 

100Mbps is the maximum port speed. You don't wanna exceed the bandwidth in the datasheet.

That capacity you listed, is the total capacity for the decode when you watch the live view. That's decode. Not recording.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How many 4MP cameras can NVR 1008H record?
Sunday
Thanks, it was helpful.
Options