block access to wifi clients remote site

a week ago - last edited Monday
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have 2 networks 1 local and 1 remote all device models versions and firmware listed in the tables below.

My question is on my local site I have the option to block a wifi clients (red circle with strike through)

On my remote site there is no such option as you can see from the screenshots I need this option in my remote site how do i do?

remote site

local site

Remote site

Omada cloud controller

Version 1.0.3

Device

Model

Firmware

ER605 Omada Gateway

ER605 v2.0

2.2.6 Build 20240718 Rel.82712

EAP245 (AC1750)

EAP245(US) v3.0

5.0.7 Build 20220611 Rel. 55043

Home site On-Premises Standard

Omada OC200 controller

Version 1.0.3

Device

Model

Firmware

Omada OC200 controller

OC200 1.0

1.31.3 Build 20240620 Rel.80383

Controller version

ER605 Omada Gateway

ER605 v2.0

2.2.6 Build 20240718 Rel.82712

EAP110

EAP110(EU) v4.0

5.0.4 Build 20220216 Rel. 57495

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:block access to wifi clients remote site-Solution

@corkscrew22 

you are probably not logged in as an administrator on the external site. check the user account and see if you are an administrator

Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:block access to wifi clients remote site-Solution

@corkscrew22 

you are probably not logged in as an administrator on the external site. check the user account and see if you are an administrator

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:block access to wifi clients remote site
Monday

@MR.S 

Hi I have checked i am logged in as main administrator, so must be something else?

Options
Tuesday

@MR.S hi not sure why you have marked this as solution because it is not?

i am logged in as administrator there is obviously an issue with the cloud controller. I have also tried using the omada ap on the remote site (again as administrator) it to does not have the option to block client

This is a very basic function i need in my business set up do i need to post in a different forum perhaps?

Options
Tuesday

@corkscrew22 

I haven't marked it as a solution, but if you're an administrator, I don't have any tips.
are you a full administrator or are you a site admin, there are several levels of administrator.

is it omada cloude essential you have the remote site? if there is, it is a very limited version and there is probably no function at all

Options
Tuesday

@corkscrew22 

I saw it now, you have cloud essential version 1.0.3 so that's probably the explanation. here there are only basic functions, so you probably don't have this function, upgrade to another controller if you want more configuration options.

Options
Wednesday

@MR.S Hi thanks for that i guess that explains why i dont have the schedule reboot of the ER605 either where as i do in the home site which is controlled by oc200.

So my question is if i buy and connect another OC200 hardware controller in the remote site, then if i connect via cloud to the controller will i have all the options open to me?

Options
Wednesday

@corkscrew22 

Yes, there will be no difference between local or cloud with OC200

Options
Wednesday

@MR.S 

I have spent a fair bit of time setting up 3 vlans and SSID's via the cloud will lose all my settings if now introduce an OC200 to the site?

Options
Wednesday

@corkscrew22 

yes, you probably won't be able to transfer those settings, but 3 vlan and ssid are 5 minutes of work. just look at the settings you have now, you can configure all this on the oc200 before adopting anything.

Options
Yesterday

@MR.S Hi so all good, i have another question  in the below topology i have 3 subnets defined in the ER605, currently the oc200 controller is connected into the 192.168.60.1 subnet.
If i expand the network as shown below would i be better to connect the controller directly into 1 of the LAN ports in the ER605?

Options