Help Configuring Router (Symmetric NAT is preventing VOIP Adapter from Working)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-08-27 07:18:22 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:39:21
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-ER604W

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.0 Build 20130116 Rel.52243s

ISP : Comcast

After receiving this router, I find that it has Symmetric NAT. I have gotten everything else I need to work just fine, except for my VOIP Adapter.

From everything I have read, STUN is useless when the router uses Symmetric NAT. I have read through the user guide and have tried setting it up to allow the VOIP adapter to connect, but have not been successful.

My VOIP is a Linksys PAP2. I have it set to use 5060 for the SIP Port and 16384-16400 for the RTP Ports. The VOIP Adapter has a static internal IP address.

I cannot figure out to setup the router to allow the VOIP adapter to use these ports without the router changing the port numbers.

If you can help or point me to a guide on how to configure the router for use with a VOIP adapter, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Help Configuring Router (Symmetric NAT is preventing VOIP Adapter from Working)
2013-12-05 17:04:59 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:39:21
turn on the SIP ALG , Advanced---NAT---ALG
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1384

Replies: 1

Related Articles