Time setting question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Time setting question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Time setting question
Time setting question
2013-09-26 14:19:23 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:30:25
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-ER6120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Being a novice at networks, I have some some obviously un-learned questions. However, due to our particular situation, this dual WAN router was the solution. We live off-grid and have two ISP's. One, Hughesnet Satellite and two, Lookieloo, a Line-Of-Sight ISP.

We primarily use Lookieloo during the day because it is much more reliable, faster and has less restricted bandwidth. It is set as the Primary ISP. However, at night, between 11PM and 4AM PST, Hughesnet, our secondary ISP, has no bandwidth restrictions at all, making it the best choice for heavy traffic usage during that time. We usually just watch a movie or two but also do some large file uploading and downloading during the "unFAP zone", as we call it.

My question is, how do I set the router to automatically switch to Hughesnet at 11PM and switch back to Lookieloo at 4AM?

Even better, how can we switch back and forth between the two ISP's anytime we need to? Or is that even possible?

Thanks eh....
Options
1 Reply
Re:Time setting question
2013-10-02 00:43:29 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:30:25
Well, I'm glad I didn't have anything too important hinging on answers from this forum!

Since no-one from TP-Link comes on here to help out, I guess we're on our own.

I answered my own question in true caveman fashion. I simply turn off the power to the primary ISP and it goes to the backup automatically. Seems to me there's a better way?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 380

Replies: 1

Related Articles