WOL not working when target machine connected to TL-SG3424P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-01-07 06:32:07
Region : United Kingdom

Model : TL-SG3424P

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : TL-SG3424P_V2_130313

ISP :

Anyone know of any gotchas with getting WOL working with a TL-SG3424P switch?

Previously I had a D-Link unmanaged switch connected to my router (a Draytek 2820n) - WOL worked fine.
I've now upgraded to a TL-SG3424P and a Draytek 2860n+ router - now I have problems...

When the machine I'm trying to wake is connected to the TP-Link switch, it never wakes on a magic packet sent from within my LAN.
When the same machine is connected directly to a port on the router, it wakes fine.
Wireshark confirms that magic packets are being sent from the client machines within my LAN, and the machine also doesn't wake if I use the router's own WOL tool to send the packet.

The only config required on the router is to have the MAC address of the target machine bound to its IP address in the router config - this I've done...and it all works when the target machine is directly connected to the router, just not when the it's connected to the switch.

When the target machine is connected to the switch and is awake, then it identifies as full-speed. When the machine is asleep, it still identifies as connected, albeit at reduced speed (which I understand is normal).

Any ideas on why my target machine won't wake when connected to the TL-SG3424P?
Options
1 Reply
Re:WOL not working when target machine connected to TL-SG3424P
2014-01-09 16:27:45
Have you reset the switch and try?
Actually you could use a hub which connects the target PC and a additional test PC to the switch, the target PC is asleep but the test PC could still capture the packets, try if you can capture the WOL packet.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 557

Replies: 1

Related Articles