TL-ER6120 poor support and out dated information

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-02-09 02:50:17 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:49:18
Region : USA

Model : TL-ER6120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

As i was trying to upgrade the TL-ER6120 firmware the web interface just stayed stuck and did not change of 20 minutes. After this time I tried to reload the browser with the management console I could not, I then tried to reset the router to factory defaults. Nothing seems to work. I then looked up the in manual for the console application and they only seem to have info about HyperTerminal and no other option? That seems to just be too limited. These products seem well made but the support is not good. Does anybody know how to fix a problem that may have been cause by firmware not loading properly? Usually devices can load a backup version of the system via the factory default but these devices can't it seems like. Is there any other option for using the management console or on operating systems that don't have HyperTerminal? HyperTerminal is historic or hilarius. Is there any other way to restore the system software? Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-ER6120 poor support and out dated information
2014-02-11 15:15:00 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:49:18
You could download a sotfware like "Putty" , to act as the function of HyperTerminal
Options
Re:TL-ER6120 poor support and out dated information
2014-02-12 02:24:44 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:49:18

golf wrote

You could download a sotfware like "Putty" , to act as the function of HyperTerminal

Thanks, I did that and can't seem to get it to do anything significant. It communicates with the router, reset it to default and reboots it, but I still have no access to the web admin after that. I tried to upload the rom to my server and follow the instructions but it never connects to the server address. That I am referring to is following the info in the manual e.g. TP-LINK # sys update Page 157.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 483

Replies: 2

Related Articles