Need A Help To Recover My Damaged ER5120 v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-25 18:58:16 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:58:16
Region : Others

Model : TL-ER5120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi guys .. I am using the ER-5120 v1 since a moth and i tried to update it to the latest firmware version but I made a mistake i downgrade it to an old version instead of updating
After the operation completed the network speed became very slow

I tried to access the configuration page but I could not ( the page is not opening )
I made I reset by the tiny stressing on the tiny button on the back of the router.. and tried to access the page which has the address 192.168.0.1 again but nothing happened.

I m sure that the ip adreess configuration on my pc are ok.. I tried another computer nothing happened .. I called the it in UAE and in China .. all what they did to guiding me to the user guide Chapter five on page (133) which contains another way to access the router through the HyperTerminal (ftp) and the console port.

click here if you like to download the user giude

I did all steps many times using many methods of ( ftp ) but I failed to in inject the firmware file into the router over the ftp service.

There is no TP-Link branch in the place I live .. and it take too much money to ship it to another place ( you know its heavy )

I am very disappointed and planning to buy a new router but in the same time I am wondering if you guys can help me with other ideas or ways to recover my ER-5120.

My Best Regards

Sultan
Options
1 Reply
Re:Need A Help To Recover My Damaged ER5120 v1
2014-06-08 02:24:51 - last edited 2021-08-21 03:58:16
I am sorry that I cannot offer any advice on how to recover your router.

But I think that TP-Link should monitor the forum and provide assistance when a client has a non-functional product.

I hope this will elicit a response that may help you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 506

Replies: 1