torrent/youtube load balancing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-05-27 23:26:37 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:13:58
Region : India

Model : TL-R470T+

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 5.1.3 Build 20130831 Rel.57020s

ISP : Hathway/Tikona

Hi All

I just purchased tp link load balancing router. I have not done much changes except the quick setup. Plus also have unchecked "application optimized routing" and "bandwith based balance routing." Now speed test shows aaded speed of 8mbps (I have two 4mbps connection connected). Now this is the situaltion. I started a download on torrent using bitcomet and I was able to get full speed of 8mbps on it. Now simultaniously I also played a youtube video 720p expecting the load balancer will route the bandwidth from torrent to you tube. But utube video starting stuttering and did not play properly @ 720p.. Torrent was still getting the full bandwidth of both connection.

Now my question is where is the load balancing hapenning. All its doing is clubbing the bandwidth of both connection and giving it to torrent. Shouldnt it ballance the connection between the two ..... UNLESS I tell the router specifically to prioritize torrent and provide 90% or max bandwidth to it ...

PLease help me understad how this works and if at all I can configure the router the way I have discribed above.

Really appriciate your reply here

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sammy.
Options
2 Reply
Re:torrent/youtube load balancing
2014-05-29 21:11:59 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:13:58
Any update any input on this will be highly appriciated
Options
Re:torrent/youtube load balancing
2014-07-26 11:06:18 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:13:58
It look like your torrent eating your bandwith.
I hope TP Link can give solution so all services can get enough bandwith
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1520

Replies: 2