internet drops after 1-2 days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2014-11-16 09:45:10
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WA5210G

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello

I have two WA5210G antennas transmitting wireless internet between two buildings. One is set as an access point and the other is set as a client to receive transmit the signal through an ethernet cable. I get a good connection between the two units but the internet will only work from the client router for about 1-2 days. If I unplug and plug back in the access point, the internet will work perfectly for another day or two. I would appreciate any suggestions here because I can't figure it out.

I thought something was wrong with the AP unit but even when the client stops transmitting internet, I can pick up internet with my laptop from the signal. Apparently the AP is working fine but for some reason the client unit stops transmitting internet after 1 to 2 days and when the access point is reset, it picks it back up.

If I can't find a solution I will just have a timing switch connected to the AP's power supply and have it shut off for a couple of minutes every night.

Thanks
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 350

Replies: 0

Related Articles