Presale before I buy - 2 internet providers into 1 - however one has Strict NAT

2024-08-14 10:35:20 - last edited 2024-08-15 02:35:01

Hi,

I am considering purchasing either the TP-Link SafeStream Business Gigabit Multi-WAN VPN Router (ER605) or the TP-Link Load Balance Broadband Business Router (TL-R480T+).

However, before making a decision, I have a few questions to ensure I am choosing the best product for my needs.

Although I am a home user, I am interested in business products to meet my requirements.

I have two internet providers: VDSL and 5G Broadband.

The VDSL connection has Open NAT and is slow, while the 5G Broadband connection is fast but has Strict NAT due to the provider running CGNat.

What I want to achieve is to combine both internet connections to benefit from the speed of both, while maintaining the NAT of the VDSL connection and not of the 5G Broadband. Can either the TP-Link SafeStream Business Gigabit Multi-WAN VPN Router (ER605) or the TP-Link Load Balance Broadband Business Router (TL-R480T+) accomplish this?

I have no issue setting the devices that need Open NAT to a set local IP etc..., or have 2 different local IP ranges, like 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x

If neither are a good option, what would you recommend?

Regards,

Garry

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Presale before I buy - 2 internet providers into 1 - however one has Strict NAT-Solution
2024-08-15 01:15:42 - last edited 2024-08-15 02:35:01

Hi @TheCrazyOne 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

NAT type is NAT type. Every router has its NAT type. Ours is NAT4.

Regardless of the NAT type, and what your ISP provides you, you can only use that kind of degrade of IP addresses.

TheCrazyOne wrote

What I want to achieve is to combine both internet connections to benefit from the speed of both, while maintaining the NAT of the VDSL connection and not of the 5G Broadband. Can either the TP-Link SafeStream Business Gigabit Multi-WAN VPN Router (ER605) or the TP-Link Load Balance Broadband Business Router (TL-R480T+) accomplish this?

Internet speed does not add up regardless of how many lines you have.

If you think this is not easy to understand, then I recommend you first understand what load balancing is.

Common Questions About the Load Balancing, Link Backup(Failover) & Online Detection

Setting up the VLAN interface is a piece of cake. We can do that.

Finally, the Omada is the current product line. The EOL product line is Safestream. Please avoid getting the EOL models.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Presale before I buy - 2 internet providers into 1 - however one has Strict NAT-Solution
2024-08-15 01:15:42 - last edited 2024-08-15 02:35:01

Hi @TheCrazyOne 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

NAT type is NAT type. Every router has its NAT type. Ours is NAT4.

Regardless of the NAT type, and what your ISP provides you, you can only use that kind of degrade of IP addresses.

TheCrazyOne wrote

Internet speed does not add up regardless of how many lines you have.

If you think this is not easy to understand, then I recommend you first understand what load balancing is.

Common Questions About the Load Balancing, Link Backup(Failover) & Online Detection

Setting up the VLAN interface is a piece of cake. We can do that.

Finally, the Omada is the current product line. The EOL product line is Safestream. Please avoid getting the EOL models.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 147

Replies: 1

Related Articles