TL-ER604W Randomly Locking Up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-ER604W Randomly Locking Up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
28 Reply
Re:TL-ER604W Randomly Locking Up
2016-02-13 19:56:29 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:54:16
Same issue here, same firmware version. I had multiple issues with my R600 due to firmware bugs, so I upgraded to the 604W, which works perfectly, except that it seems to lock up after heavy network utilisation. I have a 100/40 fibre connection, and one example is today, I was syncing some files with Google Drive, and suddenly it locks up, it does the same when I have multiple users connected to a server on my network. I don't want to go through support again, as I spent about 2 weeks trying to fix the R600 with support. Hoping someone else will, and point them to this thread.
Options
2016-02-23 06:34:49 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:54:16
Same as shovas describes above. Wired ports and Internet access keep working OK but wireless operation stops.

We found out that just disabling Wi-Fi using the button on the front panel, and reactivating it again fixes the issue. It happens every 2nd day or so. The router is about 2 yrs old.

When I bought it, I did buy a second one for quick swapping. They haven't been swapped, maybe ever. I just did swap them. The have identical HW and FW and the settings on both have been loaded from the same config file (even MAC addr).

Let's see if this one starts doing the same thing. Whether it fails or not may help to determine if age is one of the reasons for failure.

I have one at home as well, a bit older (sucker, me) and the Wi-Fi disconnection thing got so bad that I finally purchased a cheap dual-band to use just as an Access Point.

Firmware Version:
1.1.0 Build 20141031 Rel.32628s
Hardware Version: TL-ER604W v1.0
Options
2016-02-23 16:39:33 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:54:16
I don't use WiFi on mine at all. Once it locks up, I cannot even get into the web interface. The only way to fix it is to reboot. I couldn't use it with this instability, so I have gone to a Netgear WNDR3800v2 with dd-wrt. So far I have had no issues, faster, higher specs, more flexibility with customization and not that much more in price.
Options
2016-02-29 22:27:40 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:54:16
Hi,

Do you still have problems with the other router? My 604W v1. freeze 4 to 8 time on work day, and my client is very angry. Sometimes the freeze is total, sometimes only Lan SW and Wi-Fi will freeze, and the WAN is still up. After the last freeze I tried to disable and enable the Wi-Fi fom the front button, and surprise, the Wi-Fi start working, but the switch can't send any packets to the PC. Any news?

Thank you.

Paul

andressdg wrote

Same as shovas describes above. Wired ports and Internet access keep working OK but wireless operation stops.

We found out that just disabling Wi-Fi using the button on the front panel, and reactivating it again fixes the issue. It happens every 2nd day or so. The router is about 2 yrs old.

When I bought it, I did buy a second one for quick swapping. They haven't been swapped, maybe ever. I just did swap them. The have identical HW and FW and the settings on both have been loaded from the same config file (even MAC addr).

Let's see if this one starts doing the same thing. Whether it fails or not may help to determine if age is one of the reasons for failure.

I have one at home as well, a bit older (sucker, me) and the Wi-Fi disconnection thing got so bad that I finally purchased a cheap dual-band to use just as an Access Point.

Firmware Version:
1.1.0 Build 20141031 Rel.32628s
Hardware Version: TL-ER604W v1.0

Options
National c
2016-04-13 15:03:47 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:54:16
National cogent safeguard minority language script in the administrative and judicial, press, publishing, radio, film and television, cultural education fields of use, in the ordinary higher school enrolment in the entrance examination allows the use of minority Fashion Women's Clothing language results.
Options
2016-06-29 15:04:05 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:54:16
I'd be very surprised if there be any fix for this router, as it's been two years since the last firmware, and the forum isn't monitored, which is evident by the spammer above me.
Options
2016-07-01 01:05:55 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:54:16
For the record, after the TL-ER604W freezing problems nearly every day or two, we went with a D-Link DSR-250N and haven't had a problem since. I was also able to talk with D-Link business support over the phone at no charge and they helped me quite a bit getting IPSEC VPN working. We are a 15-20 person office with about 100 network devices on at any one time.
Options
2016-07-01 21:23:29 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:54:16

paul_paun wrote

Hi, Do you still have problems with the other router? My 604W v1. freeze 4 to 8 time on work day, and my client is very angry. Sometimes the freeze is total, sometimes only Lan SW and Wi-Fi will freeze, and the WAN is still up. After the last freeze I tried to disable and enable the Wi-Fi fom the front button, and surprise, the Wi-Fi start working, but the switch can't send any packets to the PC. Any news? Thank you. Paul
LÆ°u ý khi mua máy nén khÃ* mini - máy bÆ¡m hÆ¡i nhỏ, Sá»*a chữa máy nén khÃ* trục vÃ*t, các loại máy nén khÃ* mini tốt trên thị trường.....

Máy nén khÃ* mini hay máy bÆ¡m hÆ¡i loại nhỏ lÃ* sản phẩm được thiết kế vá»›i kiểu dáng nhỏ gọn, tiện cho việc di chuyển . Máy nén khÃ* mini thường có thiết kế theo kiểu đầu trục nén. Có loại có dầu vÃ* không dầu (nhá»›t).
Thông thường các loại máy nén khÃ* không dầu được dùng trong những công việc chuyên dụng nhÆ° nha khoa, nÆ¡i bảo quản thá»±c phẩm…do không có dầu nên máy thường chỉ đáp ứng được thời lượng lÃ*m việc ngắn, bên cạnh đó máy cÅ©ng có nhược Ä‘iểm lÃ* thời gian nén lâu hÆ¡n máy thông thường.
Ngược lại, máy nén khÃ* có dầu (nhá»›t ) có chức năng bôi trÆ¡n các chi tiết máy, giúp máy lÃ*m việc liên tục trong thời gian dÃ*i…tốc Ä‘á»™ nén cÅ©ng nhanh hÆ¡n.
Khi mua máy bơm hơi mini cũng nên chú ý đến mô tơ…Có một quấn mô tơ bằng dây nhốm, có loại được quấn bằng dây đồng.
Đối vá»›i các loại máy nén khÃ* được quấn bằng dây nhôm, do nhôm có nhiệt Ä‘á»™ dãn nở kém hÆ¡n đồng…nên khi sá»* dụng liên tục mô tÆ¡ sẽ rất nóng. Khi lá»±a chọn dòng máy nÃ*y quý khách lÆ°u ý sao cho phù hợp vá»›i công việc không đòi hỏi sá»* dụng liên tục thì sẽ bền máy hÆ¡n.
Đối vá»›i máy bÆ¡m hÆ¡i được quấn bằng dây đồng, dõ dÃ*ng đồng có sá»± giãn nở về nhiệt tốt hÆ¡n nhôm nên thường được sá»* dụng để quấn mô tÆ¡.
Khi máy được quấn mô tÆ¡ bằng đồng, việc nÃ*y đồng nghÄ©a vá»›i bạn có thể sá»* dụng liên tục mÃ* không sợ bị cháy mô tÆ¡. Do đó các loại máy nén khÃ* quấn bằng dây đồng thường có giá cao hÆ¡n Nhôm. Khi lá»±a chọn máy nén khÃ* mini nên chú ý, máy phải có van an toÃ*n – Van an toÃ*n lÃ* van có thể bung ra khi lượng hÆ¡n trong bình cá»±c lá»›n mÃ* bá»™ tá»± Ä‘á»™ng ngắt bÆ¡m không hoạt Ä‘á»™ng, lÃ*m giảm thiểu nguy cÆ¡ nổ bình.
Cần phải luôn xả nÆ°á»›c trong bình – Vì sao có nÆ°á»›c: hÆ¡i nÆ°á»›c luôn tồn tại trong không khÃ*, do đó khi máy tạo khÃ* sẽ nén luôn hÆ¡i nÆ°á»›c vÃ*o bình. Quá trình ngÆ°ng tụ trong thời gian dÃ*i sẽ khiến bình chứa nhiều nÆ°á»›c. Đều nÃ*y lÃ*m giảm diện tÃ*ch bình chứa, bên cạnh đó lÃ*m rỉ sét thÃ*nh bình.
Mua máy nén khÃ* nÃ*o tốt?
- Mua máy nén khÃ* hÃ*ng Nháº*t vẫn tốt nhất, tuy nhiên ở Việt Nam lại không nhiều người may mắn mua được máy nháº*t xịn 100%. Bởi thường hÃ*ng Nháº*t chủ yếu về Việt Nam lÃ* hÃ*ng bãi…đơn giản vì hÃ*ng má»›i về giá rất đắt nên người bán khó có khách hÃ*ng. Nên khi mua máy cÅ© của Nháº*t bạn cần phải có nghề.
- Nên mua hÃ*ng Việt Nam, có má»™t Ä‘iều lạ lÃ* hÃ*ng Việt Nam luôn đắt hÆ¡n hÃ*ng Trung Quốc. Chắc do công nghệ sản xuất của mình kém nên số lượng sản phẩm ra không nhiều, bên cạnh đó phần nháº*p khẩu linh kiện cÅ©ng tốn khá nhiều tiền của doanh nghiệp.
- Mua hÃ*ng Trung Quốc, chắc chắn lÃ* hÆ° lÃ* có đồ thay. Nói đến hÃ*ng Trung Quốc không chỉ có Việt Nam dùng nhiều mÃ* cả thế giá»›i cÅ©ng thường dùng. Tuy nhiên, hÃ*ng Trung Quốc cÅ©ng có nhiều loại nên quý khách có thể lá»±a chọn thÆ°Æ¡ng hiệu mÃ* mình tin tưởng.
Options
Same issues with RV600
2016-07-07 16:43:05 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:54:16
We are experiencing the same issues with a TP-LINK RV600 VPN router with no VPN functionality enabled. LAN traffic works, but WAN traffic does not work. Even internal router webserver, DHCP server, ECHO server does NOT work after several hours of usage with very low usage of the network bandwith. This was suffered w/wo defensive measures enabled (spoofing, DoS, port scanning, etc).

Any suggestions before returning the RV600 units?
Options
2016-07-11 16:24:25 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:54:16
Same problem here with a TL-ER6020 upgraded with last firmware and"freezes" every day or two after what both WAN and LAN are unreachable, kinda frustrating for a month old device...just had to send it back to my supplier and I don't dare to use TP-Link routing hardware anymore...
Options
Related Articles