TL-R470T+ VOIP Phones Dropping Registration

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-01-28 01:20:06 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:37:33
Region : Argentina

Model : TL-R470T+

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

Apologies if this question has been asked before I could not find record and am new to this forum, I'm hoping you can help as the support team were very unhelpful with this.

We have recently been provided this load balancer to improve our VOIP service, we have 2 FTTC connections with Netgear routers which are connecting directly into the load balancer, this is then connected directly to a switch which leads to our handsets.

The problem we have is that when the load balancer is connected the phones stay online for 30 mins to an hour then drop their registrations requiring a factory reset and reconfiguration for it work. We have determined its the load balancer through process of elimination.

SIP ALG is off as standard and the ports for our voip service are open, we've even switched all security systems off to test if that was blocking the connection.

Has anyone ever come across a similar issue?

Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-R470T+ VOIP Phones Dropping Registration
2015-01-28 17:38:17 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:37:33
Hi,

I have had a similar problem, maybe you can try to remove WAN 2, keep only one WAN on the router to see if the problem will be fixed.
If so, you may need to do policy routing to force VoIP packets to be forwarded by WAN1 or WAN2.

PJH92 wrote

Region : Argentina

Model : TL-R470T+

Hardware Version : V4

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

Apologies if this question has been asked before I could not find record and am new to this forum, I'm hoping you can help as the support team were very unhelpful with this.

We have recently been provided this load balancer to improve our VOIP service, we have 2 FTTC connections with Netgear routers which are connecting directly into the load balancer, this is then connected directly to a switch which leads to our handsets.

The problem we have is that when the load balancer is connected the phones stay online for 30 mins to an hour then drop their registrations requiring a factory reset and reconfiguration for it work. We have determined its the load balancer through process of elimination.

SIP ALG is off as standard and the ports for our voip service are open, we've even switched all security systems off to test if that was blocking the connection.

Has anyone ever come across a similar issue?

Thanks
Options
Re:TL-R470T+ VOIP Phones Dropping Registration
2017-03-27 14:55:22 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:37:33
Me i have also issue with this
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 958

Replies: 2

Related Articles