Wishes to Functionality of EAP Controller Software: voucher based authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wishes to Functionality of EAP Controller Software: voucher based authentication

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-03-19 20:27:04
Region : Argentina

Model : EAP120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello!
I am interested much for the EAP Controller Software and AP's as EAP220.
Right now I resolves questions of collective access to the Internet by distributed WiFi with another (concurrent) product. It has same functionality as EAP Controller Software – free software based controller. Nevertheless, there is one feature, which my customers and I likes very much.
I is “voucher based authentication”. We do not like RADIUS, because this entails increased investment in infrastructure; need more than one software solution; more qualification of personal, etc. I think You understood about which solution I talks... ))))
However, as far as other network hardware I always loves TP-Link. It is true! I have Wireless routers in my house, in house of my mother, and I recommend to all my customers (who do not need distributed guest access) to buy TP-Link equipment.
It was a good news for me that TP-Link goes to introduce software bases controller for WiFi!
I find manual for EAP Controller Software and read it. I see that it has not functionality of voucher based authentication in it. Just RADIUS. Why? And also I do not understood has EAP Controller or not any open API for the access from any other software to the EAP Controller?
Please! Please develop it! Please add this features (voucher based authentication and API for third-party access) to Your wonderful product EAP Controller Software as it was released into competitor product.
Have you any plans of it? When it will be released?
Options
12 Reply
Re:Wishes to Functionality of EAP Controller Software: voucher based authentication
2015-03-20 17:25:21
Hi

Thank you for your interest on the EAP series and EAP controller. We appreciate your suggestion and will forward to our product manager. :)

May you also tell us the model of the concurrent product you are using?

User experience is always appreciated and helpful to improving our product.
Options
Re:Wishes to Functionality of EAP Controller Software: voucher based authentication
2015-08-27 15:24:35
Hi

The latest firmware and EAP controller 2.x has now support voucher authentication.
Options
2015-10-25 04:23:27
Great news!
Sorry for a delay of my reaction. We are goint to develop a compatible solution for EAP Controller v2, where is we can take an API description?
Options
2015-10-25 04:29:24
You asked: "May you also tell us the model of the concurrent product you are using?"
I presume You know it -
Ubiquiti UniFi.
Options
2015-11-04 02:29:14
Options
2015-11-04 09:14:17

DNxs wrote

Where can we take V2? Here is http://www.tp-link.com/Common/Spotlight/EAP_controller.html V1 just.

you will find EAP_Controller_2.0.3 on http://www.tplink.com/en/download/EAP120.html#EAP_Controller
Options
2015-11-25 03:23:24
Thanks!
And what about API?
Options
2016-12-07 19:28:01
Hello! Tell me please, I found that EAP Controller have an "External portal server" option on "Wireless Controll -> Portal" settings. Where we can take a description of API to make such external portal?
Options
2016-12-07 21:36:53

DNxs wrote

Hello! Tell me please, I found that EAP Controller have an "External portal server" option on "Wireless Controll -> Portal" settings. Where we can take a description of API to make such external portal?

It's on TP-Link's website: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-916.html
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2016-12-17 03:31:35

R1D2 wrote

It's on TP-Link's website: http://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-916.html
Thank you! Do you know anything about API of the voucher based porlal, may be?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2395

Replies: 12