Decreased speed on LAN ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-08 10:00:54 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:45:01
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-R600VPN

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version : 1.2.3 Build 140801 Rel.49374n

ISP : TDS Telecom

I recently purchased two R6000 routers for my home network. The configuration of the network is an ISP supplied router with the WAN port of a R600VPN router on the LAN port on the ISP router.
Connected to the WAN port of R600VPN is a second R600VPN, a Linksys E1000 wireless router and a wired network printer. On the second R600VPN are 2 PCs.

Now, here's where my question comes in. On the output of the ISP router, I consistently see speeds of approximately 300Mbps. On the output of either one of the two R600VPN routers I consistently see approximately 100Mbps.
I am using the same PC to test the connections, the PC has a 1Gb LAN adapter and using a brand new CAT6 cable, only 5 feet long to test the output on the 3 devices.
I have tested the speed on the router connected to the PCs with both PCs attached and with just the one being used to test the connection attached and see no difference in speed.
Bandwidth control is not enabled, I've played with the MTU with no positive results. There does not seem to be any other setting on the R600VPN that will impact the speed.

Since I haven't been able to find any mention of this behavior in the forum, I'm assuming the behavior is normal. Is the router performing load balancing on the LAN ports? If so, is there any way to modify this behavior?
I'm obviously missing or misunderstanding something.

Thank You
Tom
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 473

Replies: 0