Is TP-Link compatible with CISCO routers?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-04-24 16:58:20 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:52:15
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-ER5120

Hardware Version : V2

Firmware Version :

ISP : COLT

Hi,

Does anyone in here have experience using the "wired" Routers in conjunction with Cisco routers? I want to be sure that there are compatible and that I will not have any incompatibilities issues (auto-sense problems, duplex problems, etc.)

Our ISP provider in Spain (COLT) provided to our branch office a Cisco Router (Cisco 881-K9 V01). This is their router exposed to the Internet and we are required to provide our own Internal Router; Currently we have a Netgear router but it seems that it is unable to talk to the Cisco router properly, despite that we configure the interfaces to 100Mbps full duplex on both devices we continue to experience packet loss. However as soon as we remove the Netgear router and attach a laptop the problem disappear. I found on the web that a lot of people are having similar issues between Netgear and Cisco.

Anyway we are looking for a replacement of the Router, I like the TL-ER5120 but I am concerned that these incompatibilities issues might re-occur so if any of you has any experience using TP-LINK linking it to Cisco devices I would appreciate if you could relate your experiences here on the forum.

Thanks in advance.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2445

Replies: 0

Related Articles