One to One NAT when using PPPOE WAN Connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-05-26 21:24:37 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:54:21
Region : Ireland

Model : TL-ER5120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.6 Build 20130716 Rel.45532

ISP :

Hi, we purchased two TL-ER5120 routers for two remote locations that we have. Both locations can only get ADSL internet. Both locations have 3 ADSL connections.

We have installed both ER5120's and set them to load balance the 3 lines, this is working very well.

Now to the issue.... at each location one of the ADSL connections has a public /28 assigned by the ISP and we need to be able to do One to One NAT from within this /28 to the required private IP's at that location. I understand I will need to create Policy Routing to ensure these private IP's only go out the connection that the /28 is assigned to. The issue is the router will not let me setup One to One NAT unless the WAN Connection is in Static IP mode, and obviously as these are ADSL connections I need to use PPPOE. I have tried setting the relevant static IP within the PPPOE Advanced Settings panel of the relevant WAN Configuration Tab but this does not work, I still get the message stating "Static IP Mode is required" when I try to activate a One to One mapping.

Is there a solution to this? It seems like a pretty fundamental requirement, the "el cheapo" modems supplied by the ISP can do One to One NAT using the ADSL connections, however we had to manually try to load balance the traffic which is why we purchased the ER5120's.
Options
1 Reply
Re:One to One NAT when using PPPOE WAN Connections
2015-05-27 10:09:22 - last edited 2021-08-21 04:54:21
One-to-One NAT take effect only when the connection type of WAN is Static IP.
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-381.html
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 771

Replies: 1

Related Articles