App Control does not block site Youtube

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-12 04:34:15 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:06:32
Region : Mexico

Model : TL-ER6020

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.1.0 Build 20150416 Rel.35252

ISP : Telmex

Hello, few days ago I bought a ER6020, I liked the product features, primarily the function of blocking sites like Youtube and generate distraction at work and a high consumption of bandwidth.

When I make settings of application control to block Youtube site does not perform the function properly, sometimes blocking the site and sometimes it does not.

I discovered that when the browser can not resolve the site youtube, take another route directing the request to googlevideo.com and when the site youtube appears and allows playing content.

Does anyone have knowledge to prevent this from happening? Is it necessary to wait for the upgrade of database applications?

I hope the professional support of TP-LINK help us resolve this situation, I can assure that many users who have purchased this product for the purpose of blocking Youtube presented this situation.

Today Sunday, I have been testing with control applications with different browsers with the following results:

Internet Explorer v11 blocks the site youtube
Opera v.30 block the site youtube
Google Chrome 43.0.2357.132 not block the site youtube
Mozilla Firefox v.39 not block the site youtube

I hope this information is useful to support TP-LINK can solve this iconveniente with application control functions to efficiently block YouTube.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 648

Replies: 0

Related Articles