TL-ER5120 lost connection to VM Superhub2 modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-18 03:33:26 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:05:44
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TL-ER5120

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.0.6 Build 20130716 Re. 45532

ISP : Virgin Media

Help please!

My ER5120 has given faultless service for the last year or so and then last night it decided that it could no longer connect to the cable modem (a VM Superhub2 in modem mode).

Nothing has changed, or more accurately, I have not changed anything. It just stopped connecting, always says "Connecting..." but never does. The WAN status says "Link Up".

I've tried power cycling both the modem and the router, and I've reset the router to factory defaults. Both several times, but neither helped.

I CAN connect my laptop directly to the modem and can verify that it is working and connected to the internet (that's how I'm posting this), but if I put the ER5120 between the laptop and the modem it cannot retrieve the network settings to make an outbound connection.

I've tried activating WAN2 (normally only use WAN1) and I've swapped out cat cables. Nothing has helped.

Everything is DHCP and as I said, it has been working perfectly and suddenly stopped.

Any idea? I've tried everything I can think of. :confused:

TIA

Steve
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-ER5120 lost connection to VM Superhub2 modem
2015-07-19 04:17:16 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:05:44
Problem solved!! :)

Virgin Media have pushed out a firmware upgrade that broke the Superhub! The firmware seems to have blocked DHCP broadcasts, so I switched on the Unicast option and I'm connected again :D

Regards, Steve
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 446

Replies: 1

Related Articles