DHCP reservation erased on restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-07-31 01:28:55 - last edited 2021-08-21 05:07:25
Region : Ecuador

Model : TL-ER604W

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : latest

ISP :

I use the TL-ER604W for a business network. I use IP-MAC binding and Bandwith control. For these to work correctly I also need to use the DHCP Reservation which gets imported from the IP-MAC binding. The problem I have is that my DHCP Reservation configuration gets erased everytime I restart the router. These creates a problem which renders Bandwith Control and IP-MAC Binding and DHCP Reservation useless.

(I have to restart the router every month or less aprox, because it stops responding. I am 99,9% sure its because it is very suceptible to voltage variations, which is common in my area. A voltage regulator has reduced the lock ups from every couple days to every month or less.)

DHCP Reservation has to import the list from the IP-MAC Binding. But after restarting the router the DHCP Reservation list is lost, so DHCP gives Ip addresses randomly before importing the IP-MAC binding list. By the time the IP-MAC binding list is up in DHCP Reservation (manually by pressing a button), all PCs already have their IPs assigned. These also makes all Bandwith Control useless and wrong, because the IP addresses don't belong to the intended MAC addresses. So people that should have lots of bandwith don't and people that shouldn´t have it, have it.

Please let me know if there is something I can do, so I don´t have to wait for a new firmware.

Best regards,
Carlos G.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 713

Replies: 0

Related Articles