EAP controller V2.0.3 Fail to start mongo DB server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-08-09 16:02:56
Model : EAP110

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

When I start the EAP Controller Software
I get this error Fail to start mongo DB server
File:
EAp-ctrl2.pngDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP controller V2.0.3 Fail to start mongo DB server
2015-08-14 21:27:55
Just a thought, did you run the installer with elevated privileges?
Options
2015-08-27 15:37:11
@ smshenrik I think you need to follow @ steveatvarlink's advice to check whether you are running it as administrator. I am not sure whether you have noticed that during the installation the software give a notice that it should be installed with 4GB HDD capacity. Please also check that. If the above things do not help you I am afraid you need to shoot a mail to TP-LINK support.
Options
2015-08-27 16:04:35
I had a long online chat with TP-Link Tech about this, and after multiple attempts found that patience was key.

Firstly, ensure you start EAP Controller from the shortcut, NOT from the EXE in the program folder.

If you have had a failed start, make sure MONGOD process is killed before attempting to restart.

Be patient once you've clicked the shortcut.

No explanation could be given for the "flaky" way the application starts!
Options
2015-08-28 12:44:58
If you have had a failed start, make sure MONGOD process is killed before attempting to restart.

This is important.

And the controller seems to read a large space of file system as the necessary cache, so I guess it will take a longer period to start on some low-SPEC PCs.
Options