Hotspot function?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Hotspot function?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Hotspot function?
Hotspot function?
2015-09-22 04:34:56
Germany:
Kann man mit dem EAP-Geräten eine Art private Hotport errichten? Ich suche eine Lösung für eine kleine Pension. In der PDF-Anleitung hier im Forum findet man eine kleine Hotsport-Funktion, jedoch weiß ich nicht wie diese umgesetzt werden kann, da man über den Support keine Aussage erhalten hat, das dies möglich sei.

Der Eigentümer möchte im Prinzip eine Art Ticket vergeben. Ähnlich einem Bon, wie es in manchen Hotels üblich ist.

Vielen Dank

English:
Can you build with the EAP-type devices a private Hotport? Seeking a solution for a small pension. In the PDF manual here in the forum you will find a small Hotsport function, but I do not know how this can be implemented, as it has received regarding support any statement that this was possible.

The owner wants to forgive a kind Ticket in principle. Similar to a Bon, as is common in many hotels.

Many thanks
Options
8 Reply
Re:Hotspot function?
2015-09-22 05:23:27
Mit dem EAP-Controller kann man anscheinend einen Hotspot über einen EAPxxx erstellen.
Ich weiß jedoch nicht ob dies auch rechtssicher ist. Kann man einstellen das alle aktivitäten geloggt werden? Wenigstens welche IP's von welchem User abgerufen oder aufgerufen wurden ?

Ich habe z.B. nur einen Mac zur Verfügung und kann die Software so schnell nicht installieren.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-915.html

----------

The EAP-Controller you can apparently create a hotspot on a EAPxxx.
However, I do not know if this is also quite safe. Can you adjust the all logged activities? At least what IP's have been from which users accessed or called?

I have, for example, Only a Mac is available and can not install the software as quickly.

http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-915.html
Options
2015-09-22 16:37:26
You can set up rate limit for all clients. See from http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-914.html.
I can't understand your question clearly, but the faq-915 maybe tell us more that administrator can disconnect a particular wireless client.
You can see the connection through EAP Controller, and it is you that create how many vouchers or how long they can connect. Also it is you that tell them the code which is one-for-one. So I think it is safe enough.
If you have any specific issues, maybe you can tell more clearly.
Options
2015-09-23 14:16:04
However, I do not know if this is also quite safe. Can you adjust the all logged activities? At least what IP's have been from which users accessed or called?

As far as I know ,you can only see the mac address of the users which accessed the EAP device.
Options
2015-09-23 14:33:31

dasohr wrote

As far as I know , you can only see the mac addresses of the users which accessed the EAP device but you can setup the rate limit for all users.
Options
2015-09-25 03:17:13
Thank you for your answers. Not that we're talking past each other.

A customer looking Hotpot solution for two apartments. These may like the complete range get (since he does not live there).

I like the allocation of wireless passwords for a certain time.
Should a guest start illiage downloads or watch bad things or invite, he must towards the police can say when and who did it.

Here it would be sufficient if you as safe in the logs and the IPs as MAC addresses and see which user was connected.

Many thanks!

-----
German:

Vielen Dank für eure Antworten. Nicht das wir an einander vorbei reden.

Ein Kunde sucht eine Hotpot-Lösung für zwei Ferienwohnungen. Diese können gern die komplette Bandbreite bekommen (da er dort nicht wohnt).

Mir gefällt die Vergabe der WLAN-Passwörter für eine bestimmte Zeit.
Sollte ein Gast illiage Downloads starten oder sich böse Sachen anschauen oder laden, so muss er gegenüber der Polizei sagen können wann und wer es war.

Hier würde es sicher genügen wenn man z.B. in den Logs die IPs und z.B. Mac-Adressen sieht und welcher Benutzer verbunden war.

Vielen Dank!
Options
2015-12-12 00:50:49
Das Gleiche Problem habe ich auch. Wie kann ich nachsehen welche user was genacht haben.

I have the same problem. How can I see who have user make ?
Options
2015-12-15 17:13:33
You just can limit his download or upload speed. For the behavior of clients is private. I don't think it can see what people do when connect your wifi.
Options
2016-01-10 09:49:35

dasohr wrote

Should a guest start illiage downloads or watch bad things or invite, he must towards the police can say when and who did it.
Sollte ein Gast illiage Downloads starten oder sich böse Sachen anschauen oder laden, so muss er gegenüber der Polizei sagen können wann und wer es war.

That's wrong.

He don't need to give out anything to the police, in fact he even may not give out resp. store any personal data (IP numbers and mail addresses are considered personal data, as are names of the users), except if requested to do so by a judge. Only a court may force him to store data, to hand it out and to take any technical measures to mitigate abuse of the hotspot by third parties in the future.

Indeed, a problem is that there is a judicial construct in Germany, after which he might be responsible for abuse anyway when it eventually goes to court and the real abuser could not be investigated. That's the reason why most hotspot owners in Germany give a commission to a hotspot service provider for operating the hotspot, who then takes over or minimizes the judicial risk.

There is no pure technical way to avoid this risk with current German laws. Furthermore, according to the latest court decision of the german constitutional high court it is (currently) forbidden to store any telecommunication meta data ahead without concrete suspicion, if this data is not needed for later settlement, though the European governments are about to push such a law again.

Das ist falsch.

Er muss der Polizei überhaupt keine Auskunft geben, vielmehr darf er sogar gar keine personenbezogenen Daten an andere herausgeben bzw. abspeichern (IP-Nummern und Mailadressen sind personenbezogene Daten, ebenso wie Namen der Nutzer). Lediglich ein Richter kann eine Speicherung von Daten eines Verdächtigen anweisen und Auskunft darüber verlangen von einem Hotspot-Betreiber sowie ihn dazu verpflichten, technische Maßnahmen zu treffen, um künftig Missbrauch seines Hotspots durch Gäste zu unterbinden.

Das Problem dabei ist allerdings das in Deutschland angewendete rechtliche Konstrukt der sog. "Mitstörerhaftung", nach der er als Mitstörer (also "Gewährenlassender") haftbar gemacht werden kann, wenn der eigentliche Täter nicht ermittelbar ist. Das ist der Grund, weshalb die meisten Hotspot-Betreiber in Deutschland einen Hotspot-Service-Provider mit dem Betrieb des Hotspots beauftragen, der dann das rechtliche Risiko dafür übernimmt bzw. zu verringern hilft.

Einen rein technischen Weg, um dieses Risko zu vermeiden, gibt es bei der aktuellen Gesetzeslage in Deutschland nicht.

Aber ganz eindeutig muss niemand der Polizei überhaupt irgendetwas sagen (ausser Angaben zu den Personalien), auch wenn das im "Tatort" regelmäßig anders dargestellt wird! Nur mit einem richterlichem Beschluss sind Ermittler berechtigt, Auskünfte einzuholen und dann auch nur die Staatsanwaltschaft, nicht die Polizei. Das ganze nennt sich "Sie haben das Recht zu schweigen" und ist im StGB § 136 und § 163a geregelt.

Darüberhinaus ist (derzeit) das anlasslose Speichern von Verbindungsdaten durch das letzte BVerfG-Urteil in dieser Sache verboten, sofern die Daten nicht für eine Abrechnung benötigt werden! Soll aber bald wieder kommen, wenn's nach den Regierungen der EU-Länder geht.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1567

Replies: 8

Related Articles