EAP110 Guest SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP110 Guest SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP110 Guest SSID
EAP110 Guest SSID
2015-11-27 04:15:41
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi I have a EAP110 and i have enabled two SSID's one for the office and one as a guest network.

My issue is that when i connect to the guest network, which has SSID Isolation enabled I can still browse the local office network via http.

We have two local internal intranet's that we do not want guests to be able to see. I thought the point of an isolated guest network was to prevent guest clients from viewing items on the main SSID??
Options
4 Reply
Re:EAP110 Guest SSID
2015-11-27 09:07:26
After enabling SSID Isolation, the devices connected in the same SSID cannot communicate with each other. So the SSID Isolation only take effect in the same SSID.
For your consideration, you can set a two VLAN which include different network you want. Wish it would be useful.
Options
2017-12-02 04:05:45
I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. Are you saying that you should set up two different vlan's on the device? If so, you need to be aware that this access point does not support that.
Options
2017-12-03 04:58:52
OP was two years ago. Yep, you can't setup VLANs on the AP, but they do SSID->VLAN tagging. Hopefully OP setup VLANs on their switch or router and setup the approprate subnets, etc. to isolate the networks.
Options
2017-12-04 21:51:49
Actually I was able to get it worked out. We have three separate vlans on our network, a corporate, a guest, and a student. By enabling SSID isolation on all three I was able to get it to behave exactly like the Aruba AP's that we have here.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1672

Replies: 4

Related Articles