TL-WA5210G to extend wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-09 16:28:41
Model : TL-WAS5210G

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version : 4.4.9 Build 140523 Rel.53738n

ISP :

I bought a TLWA5210G to help extend my wireless connection to my rented unit which is around 50meters away from my existing wifi base. The problem is that there are about 10 brick walls in between both my units. When I tried to connect the CPE from my rented unit, i can detect 4db. Is that too little to work on? If I put the CPE outside, then it could detect around 10dBs. However, I have yet to figure out how to set up this outdoor unit to connect to my base wifi.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Snsaw.

Update: I managed to get a good signal with TL-WR841HP in my rented unit but I have to leave the modem outside which is prone to being stolen. I don't really know what settings I made to it because I can't get back into the modem settings page event I can connect and log into it to access internet.

So knowing that I could place this WA5210G unit outside, what are the settings I need to change in it to make it a good repeater or extender?

Please help.

thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 438

Replies: 0

Related Articles