Using 2 cpe510's to connect modem to router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2015-12-31 04:39:34
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I had to move about 300 feet away while my home is been renovated and i'm trying to setup 2 cpe 510's so i can still use my 240 meg internet. I do have direct line of sight.

I wanted to connect the one cpe as a transmitter connected to my modem,dhcp etc disabled so it has a fixed ip ie. 192.168.0.12 to use and have the other cpe connected to my router which would be on the same channel, subnet and also a fixed ip such as 192.168.0.13. which in turn is wired to 2 pc's and a server with no wireless devices.

To me, it seems i want to do a point to point configuration as i just want to transmit my internet connection and allow the router at this end to worry about dhcp.

That way i'm only transmitting my internet signal between the 2 cpe's and letting the router at this end worry about the internal network in my room.

Am i right in my reasoning or am i missing something?
Options
3 Reply
Re:Using 2 cpe510's to connect modem to router?
2015-12-31 13:32:51
Your topology seems ok: modem------CPE510_AP))) (((CPE510_Client------router.
Have you met any problems about this?
Options
2015-12-31 19:24:40
I haven't tested it properly as i was waiting for it to stop bloody raining for 5 minutes over here, But i have finally moved my modem/router to the garden shed and connected up the cpe for the transmitter. I just need to set my modem/router to bridge mode, assign an ip and then setup the receiver cpe out side my window on this end with the router.

I had done some testing indoors between the 2 cpe's to get used to the software, and got a ssid setup so they could see and connect to each other, but couldnt test it fully as i hadn't an internet connection until i moved the modem to the shed to get LOS.
I'll let you know how i get on.

Ps, What use is the other lan port on the cpe itself, the manual never seems to mention it?

Cheers for the advise
Options
2016-01-04 10:28:32
In some scenarios it can be connected to an IP camera. Refer to UG of Chapter 2:
http://www.tp-link.com/resources/document/CPE510_V1_UG.pdf
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 736

Replies: 3