1 Wireless Metwork - Multiple AP's via wired LAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-06 01:21:43
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I want to have multiple access points all connected to the same wired LAN so to the wireless clients it looks like the same wireless network and clients automatically switch to whichever is the best signal. How do I do this? I can see how to set this up if I want the AP's to connect wirelessly so one is a repeater but how if they are all connected to the same wired LAN?
Options
6 Reply
Re:1 Wireless Metwork - Multiple AP's via wired LAN
2016-01-06 09:56:21
What's the model of your access points? If your access points are ceiling AP, you can enable the Load Balance feature in the page 58 on http://www.tplink.com/res/down/doc/EAP_Controller_Software_V2_UG.PDF .
Options
2016-01-06 17:30:07
Excellent that's just the info I needed Thanks

NIge
Options
2016-01-18 01:06:52
We've just installed this in our office. One upstairs and one downstairs- Easy to set up.

We have an issue where periodically the users get disconnected from the internet. They are still connected to the wireless though. We have 2 AP's and they are set up so it appears as one SSID.

When we do a troubleshoot on windows it says it can;t find the default gateway. If we disconnect and reconnect it usually works. But also it might just fix itself. It seems that if we disconnect one of them it works fine. So I think its something to do with clients switching from one AP to the other...

Any Ideas?
Options
2016-01-18 18:03:55
Have you set the RSSI function before, refer the UG http://www.tp-link.com/res/down/doc/EAP_Controller_Software_V2_UG.PDF page58 to have a check.
And i doubt that when you use the same SSID for two EAPs, it could be the weak wifi signal that you connect. You could configure the different wifi name for each EAP, when you are upstairs, connect the one which installed upstairs. when you are downstairs, connect the one which installed downstairs. Also check whether it works.
Options
2016-02-11 20:14:42
We have the same issue as nigelg with most intel based wifi cards. Depending on the model an older driver might help, but newer cards you are SOL.
Options
2016-02-24 14:44:41
Upgrade the firmware from www.tp-link.com too.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1171

Replies: 6