Cannot login to TL-SG3210

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-01-28 00:13:30
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Network is this setup - A cable modem, to router, to this switch. But switch does not show up on Attached Device list of router. Cannot access it by IP either. Assigned a static IP to it in router and set IP in switch as the same. It is set to same gateway as router. Even tried reset to factory defaults in console connection with Putty, then reassign static IP address. No change. What am I missing here?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Cannot login to TL-SG3210
2016-02-01 20:29:25
You missed a lot of things. First of all, by default, the switch can not get a IP from the front router automatically. If you want, you need to login to the web page of the switch and config it getting IP by DHCP.

But now, the problem is that you do not know to login to the web page of the switch, haha...Why you do not read the manual sheet? It has specific instructions to lead you to login to the web page of the switch. Simply speaking, by defaulty, the IP address of the switch is 192.168.0.1, you need to designate a static IP address for your PC connected to the switch, and then type 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser. Have a good luck!
Options
Re:Cannot login to TL-SG3210
2016-02-01 21:45:04
You obviously did not read my first post above carefully. I already tried all the things you mentioned. (And yes, I read the manual - HAHA...) For some reason, the bootutil factory reset would not work. I had to login to the CLI interface and reset to factory defaults, then reset everything to my preferences.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 948

Replies: 2

Related Articles