Cannot access CPE220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cannot access CPE220

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:Cannot access CPE220
2016-02-03 15:16:44

danymarc wrote

Pharos line uses POEcan you explain whats quoted on bold, cause I do not understand how you are able to connect to 220 without the POE (power unit)
Sure, by direct to the device I mean into LAN1 on the 220 itself rather than the power pack. POE still connected by LAN0
Options
2016-02-03 22:57:07

cmrule wrote

Sure, by direct to the device I mean into LAN1 on the 220 itself rather than the power pack. POE still connected by LAN0

If you are able to connect via LAN1, set it up right
Reset 220 through web interface, it's important you do this, cause you had made many changes
set a ip to 220 on same subnet as main router example, if your main router is 192.168.0.1 the third segment (0) is the subnet, set 220 to 192.168.0.2, don't forget this is done with static ip on your Laptop so if you have a ip on a dif subnet to 220 once you make the change on 220 you will lose connection untill you change your laptop static to the new subnet
The example I posted is not a good one, cause 220 comes on same subnet, but I posted that one so you could identify the subnet as the third segment, usually main routers have 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254
Once you have your 220 set on same subnet follow the AP mode configuration, in Network tab DO NOT CHANGE connection type live it as default STATIC
Options
2016-02-04 22:45:12

danymarc wrote

If you are able to connect via LAN1, set it up right
Reset 220 through web interface, it's important you do this, cause you had made many changes
set a ip to 220 on same subnet as main router example, if your main router is 192.168.0.1 the third segment (0) is the subnet, set 220 to 192.168.0.2, don't forget this is done with static ip on your Laptop so if you have a ip on a dif subnet to 220 once you make the change on 220 you will lose connection untill you change your laptop static to the new subnet
The example I posted is not a good one, cause 220 comes on same subnet, but I posted that one so you could identify the subnet as the third segment, usually main routers have 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.254
Once you have your 220 set on same subnet follow the AP mode configuration, in Network tab DO NOT CHANGE connection type live it as default STATIC

There is a LAN1 on the 220 unit - which what I used to set up the 220. I could access the control panel through this without problem.
There is a LAN1 on the power unit which I should be able to connect as a direct link to the 220. The unit is on the roof so I cannot plug into this. I can plug into LAN1 in the POE power unit - when I do this my computer does not detect thata device has been connected. This is not a fault with the PC as I have tested it with other devices. Also - the reset button on the POE does not reset the 220 unit as it should do.
Regardless of whether or not I have set the 220 up properly I should still be able to connect via the remote LAN1 and I should be able to reset remotely via the reset button. Since neither of these work I deduce that the POE unit must be faulty.
It is not the network cable because this was used to set it up in the first instance. The annoying thing now is I need to climb back up on the roof to return the whole unit! Unless tp-link agree to me just sending the power unit back.

Thanks all for your time in commenting previously.
Options
Related Articles