Port forwarding for TL-ER5120

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-03-22 17:36:24 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:04:56
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have a setup with 2 Fritsbox 7360's in front of the TL-ER5120.
Now I want to forward port 1194 to my wifi router that is behind the TL-ER5120, so in the Fritsbox I have set up the TL-ER5120 as exposed host.
So far so good.

On the lan side of the TL-ER5120 everything functions well also.
The problem I seem to be having is getting the TL-ER5120 to forward port 1194 to the wifi router, I have found several settings that I think should help me forward.
The virtual server setting.
NAT-DMZ
and the firewall --> access control --> access rules and services.

The manual states that the virtual server setting should be enough.
I would expect the same from the NAT-DMZ.
To be sure that the firewall does not block things I also tried both of those with explicit 'allow' settings for port 1194.
Nothing seems to be working.

I've been connecting through the wifi of the fritsbox and connecting to the TL-ER5120's wan IP address, in order to eliminate the possibility that the fritsbox could be the problem.

I've also found an DMZ option that will separate the lan, though that would mean that wifi users would no longer have access to the printers etc.
So that is not what I want.

I am unsure why port forwarding is not working, and hope someone here can give me the tip I need to get things working the way I want it to.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Port forwarding for TL-ER5120
2016-03-28 17:21:16 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:04:56
The Virtual Server is a basic and easy function of the router. If you can sure you have set it up successfully, how do you know it does not work? I means there may be some other factors that cause the failure of your application (OpenVPN I guess).

So if you can make sure you have do the right thing on the Virtual Server, just contact the supporter directly for help.
Options
2016-03-29 17:34:01 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:04:56

tomm wrote

If you can sure you have set it up successfully, how do you know it does not work? I means there may be some other factors that cause the failure of your application (OpenVPN I guess).

When connecting from the lan side of the TP, with a config set up to connect to the lan-IP, the OpenVPN client succesfully connects.
When the OpenVPN server is connected directly to the FritsBox, with a matching OpenVPN config file, I can connect from my public wan-IP.

So two use cases without the TP where I can connect, however in the next scenario with the TP it does not work:
The OpenVPN server connected to the TP lan, the client connected to the TP wan (FritsBox lan).
I now set up an OpenVPN config profile to connect to the FritsBox lan IP of the TP which is the TP wan IP.
I now only get timeouts.
Options
2016-08-05 22:27:02 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:04:56
Hi some1

On your Fritsbox, is it configured to use port 1194 and not port 80? Once the virtual server setting is already
configured to your Fritsbox's IP and its port setting is 1194, you should be able to access it not unless the
Fritsbox is still using port 80.

Once you have changed it to port 1194, you can try acessing is via http://WANIP:1194.

By the way, I am from another country and we don't have Fritsbox here so I hope you can double check the
Fritsbox port settings.

Good luck.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1924

Replies: 3

Related Articles