Anyone else have rate limit issues w/ EAP120?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-04-22 21:34:49
Model :

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : EAP120_V1_151022_US

I have noticed, with the latest US firmware, that setting the rate limit for the eap 120 via the eap controller results in 1/3 the download but the upload matches within 10% margin of error. it is almost exactly 1/3 If I set 6000 the tested download speed is 2000 (avg) if I set 9000 it's 3000 (avg). The variance from 1/3 is less than 5%

Typically it is off by 8x or 1/8 due to KB - Kb but it is being really strange with the 1/3 result.

Am I missing something or has anyone else noticed this?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Anyone else have rate limit issues w/ EAP120?
2016-04-26 09:11:59
As far as i can see, the rate limit is designed to limit the speed of data link layer. And the speedtest or other tool to test the speed is depend on network layer. So it is normal when the test speed is the 1/2 of your setting value. Also you need to consider the wireless interference so you may see 1/3.
Options
Re:Anyone else have rate limit issues w/ EAP120?
2016-05-04 19:08:08
While that sounds reasonable if fails to explain things due to the following:
1) The upload is exactly the limit set, if it was as you say then that would be off the same as the download. Removing your data link layer hypothesis.
2) When I remove the rate limit then the test reaches the maximum speed the network is capable of within a few % for overhead when compared to a wired connection. Thus eliminating your wireless interference hypothesis.

So still not convinced that things are working as they are supposed to. For now I simply set the rate limit to 3x my intended download and 1x my intended upload and everything works fine.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 897

Replies: 2