Questions and feature requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-15 00:36:57
Model : EAP220

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,
I would like to set up a WIFI LAN for a medium-sized company. I guess we will need in the first stage at least 50 AP. Have done with 2 EAP 220 AP and the current server version of my first tests.Soft and hardware have made a good impression.
But some points I would like to clarify before a final decision:

1. Within one year we will change the phone system to VoIP. VoIP over WiFi calls for roaming the phones to WLAN standard IEEE 802.11r to ensure a seamless transition of VoIP calls to the next AP. Is support for 802.11r scheduled for EAP220?

2. Will there be in the future outdoor AP for centralized management to give in order to supply the site specifically for VoIP?

3. In the previous incumbents providers, there is a technique by which the data for each SSID's by tunnel to the AP are transported. that seems to me to be a interressantes feature for branch offices that are connected only with an IP range. Prepare it like?

Greetings from Germany
Options
1 Reply
Re:Questions and feature requests
2016-06-21 08:59:02
1. Do you enable WPA/WPA2 (enterprise) in the wireless network? 802.11r is particularly designed for WPA/WPA2, not PSK.
So far, neither Unifi nor TP-LINK EAP support 11r.

2. Probably we may see an outdoor EAP model within this year. I'd heard from a friend who heard from a SI..But not sure it is 11r capable.

3. I don't quite understand what you mean of this feature. Maybe you can point out which model from which brand has such function.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 455

Replies: 1