EAP320 & Vlans

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP320 & Vlans

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
EAP320 & Vlans
EAP320 & Vlans
2016-06-27 17:40:13
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I've been a fan of TP-Link equipment for a while now as the products provide cost effective solutions.

However at the weekend I purchased an EAP320 to improve my wifi performance. BUT I have a problem with it integrating into my network.

I run 4 VLANs and can set up the EAP to assign a VLAN based on SSID - Great.

However, the VLAN numbers are 10, 20, 30 & 40 all with their own sub nets. I do not use VLAN1 (don't use any defaults) and my network prohibits un-taged network traffic.. So although I can set the unit up and install it and it works, I can not manage it as I can't reach the management interface once in production and the internal portal doesn't work either, rendering it completely useless.

The unit it replaces is a LINKSYS which allows you to assign a VLAN number to the management interface, but I can't see any option in the EAP to allow this...

Have I missed something or is this just a restriction?

Advise appreciated.

Iain
Options
2 Reply
Re:EAP320 & Vlans
2016-06-28 19:47:08
It doesn't support management VLAN. And i know that TP-Link is working for that now.
Options
Re:EAP320 & Vlans
2016-06-30 17:10:09
Thank you. Kind of got that impression as I reported my concerns to UK Support..

Shame for now, but if they are working on it there's a strong likely hood I'll keep purchasing TP-Link kit.

In the mean time I'll have to return the EAP for a refund.

Iain
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 675

Replies: 2