Multiple VPN / ISPs between two sites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-17 16:23:43 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:27:31
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello everyone !

Looking for help for my company.
First, let me start with that I have a good comprehension of networks / computers, but I am not a pro in that domain sadly. Trying to do the best for my company :)

So, here is my problem :
I have two sites (A and B), both have two ISPs (A-1 A-2 and B-1 B-2).
Goal is to have a permanent VPN connection between those two sites, if either ISP disconnects / fails.

A-1 / A-2 / B-1 / B-2 have static IP adresses, modems have router de-activated and no NAT rules.
Site A and B have both ISPs going into 1 x TP-LINK TL-ER6020.
A-1 / A-2 would be the VPN IPSec server, B-1 / B-2 would connect to it.

Initial plan was to set up a DDNS to the VPN server, so either B-1 or B-2 could connect to it, and either A-1 or A-2 would respond, depending on to which one the DDNS would point.
I was hoping to do a failover DDNS from the WAN-1 port to WAN-2 port, but that does not seem possible as the DDNS is specific to a WAN port. Is it possible to use the same DDNS account on both WAN ports with a failover type of usage ?

But, I would like to do a load balancing with both ISPs on site A in order to get a better bandwidth. Would that be possible with only 1 DDNS that would point to either A-1 or A-2 ?

The final goal is to get a permanent VPN connection if either ISP on either site fails / disconnects, so both sites can continue working seamlessly. What would the best approach be ?

Thank you for any help.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Multiple VPN / ISPs between two sites
2016-09-03 12:27:31 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:27:31
You can create multi VPN tunnels between two sides.
Options
Re:Multiple VPN / ISPs between two sites
2016-09-03 17:23:36 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:27:31
Sadly you can't when the target network is the same (in this case 192.168.2.0/24)...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 813

Replies: 2

Related Articles