TP-link TL-R470T+ Fail-over threshold

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-26 04:10:48 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:37:25
Model : TL-R470T+

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm seeking information on how to configure the router to fail-over to the secondary WAN link when the primary ISP's connection is degraded. We have two ISPs - one is a cable provider with link speeds of 25/5 and the other is a DSL provider with speeds of 6/2. The cable ISP is on WAN link 1. The router is set to fail-over mode. It will only switch to the second link when the primary has failed. The problem is, the cable provider's link is not very stable. It will often fall below the speeds of the secondary link's capability. When this happens, I would like to have the router automatically switch over to the secondary WAN link until the link speed is corrected. What are my options or, are there other suggestions / configurations that I'm overlooking?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-link TL-R470T+ Fail-over threshold
2016-09-03 12:42:06 - last edited 2021-08-21 06:37:25
you can use the Failover mode in the Advance--Load Balance--Link Backup, hope it can help you.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 707

Replies: 1