Unable to connect if SSID already exist?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-14 17:41:46
Model : EAP220

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 2.0.2 Build 20160401 Rel. 65964

ISP :

Hello,

I have a WIFI network with old Linksys APs working with a radius external server (Windows 2008R2).
I set new AP220s with TP-Link Controller to upgrade my wireless network with the same radius server and SSID.

If i set the same SSID to AP220 than actual wifi network, computers still connect to the old AP.
No computer connect to the new AP220x while the new AP220 is nearest than old AP.

If i change the SSID to something else in AP220s, computers can see APs and new SSID and can connect.

Unfortunatly, for security reason, i need to have only one SSID.

What is the problem and what can i do ?
Thanks for your help.

Regards.
Manu
Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to connect if SSID already exist?
2016-09-21 18:45:05
First, your wireless devices may remember the old network so could connect it automatically. Whether if you could forget the network first then connect again? Second, maybe you could reduce the wireless transmission power of your old APs. Just try it.
Options
Unable to connect if SSID already exist
2016-11-14 06:46:53
If you know the file location you can periodically connect to the controller via FTP and pull the files you need. Try to set /vmail /sysro or /db as initial path when connecting to the controller via FTP.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1439

Replies: 2