can not set up CPE510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

can not set up CPE510

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
13 Reply
Re:can not set up CPE510
2016-10-06 12:12:54
[QUOTE=danymarc;188886]Im confuse, all was fine as Repeater, correct?
And then you set up AP mode following the link
and you post Ip Auto, relocated...Plugged to the router...
sorry I dont understand
510 has to be pluged to main router, and following quick set up
first step its IP address, you have to input one from same subnet as your router
i am a but confused with Access point and Repeater...
Everywhere i can see that set up starting from Access Point.
I my case i need a good wifi signal in my garden so shell i set up just as a repeater without even touching Access point mode?
Last time i set up access point, than repeater, than i followed manual.... Go to [FONT=AktivGrotesk-Bold]Properties[/FONT] Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IP) Select “[FONT=AktivGrotesk-Bold]Obtain[/FONT] an IP address automatically ” and “[FONT=AktivGrotesk-Bold]Obtain DNS server address automatically
[/FONT]
and than i unplugged device from my laptop and plugged in to main router
But, from your message i can see that i enabled MaxTream which i shouldn't.
I am away today, so i will try to set up it again tomorrow.
Before, during all set up process (Access point, repeater..) my CPE was plugged to the laptop is it right?
Also Pharos control, when i have to use it? before i set it up and plugged to my main router or when all done and plugged to my router?
Everything what i can do with Pharos it is Start managing, is it right?

I am really appreciate your help. It is not working yet but i definitely moving forward !
Options
2016-10-06 12:14:57
i am a but confused with Access point and Repeater...
Everywhere i can see that set up starting from Access Point.
I my case i need a good wifi signal in my garden so shell i set up just as a repeater without even touching Access point mode?
Last time i set up access point, than repeater, than i followed manual.... Go to [FONT=AktivGrotesk-Bold]Properties[/FONT] Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IP) Select “[FONT=AktivGrotesk-Bold]Obtain[/FONT] an IP address automatically ” and “[FONT=AktivGrotesk-Bold]Obtain DNS server address automatically
[/FONT]
and than i unplugged device from my laptop and plugged in to main router
But, from your message i can see that i enabled MaxTream which i shouldn't.
I am away today, so i will try to set up it again tomorrow.
Before, during all set up process (Access point, repeater..) my CPE was plugged to the laptop is it right?
Also Pharos control, when i have to use it? before i set it up and plugged to my main router or when all done and plugged to my router?
Everything what i can do with Pharos it is Start managing, is it right?

I am really appreciate your help. It is not working yet but i definitely moving forward !
Options
2016-10-06 14:29:15
You have to decide, are you setting AP or Repeater
Those are two very dif. setting, Repeater works wireless
AP works cabled to main router
Both provide, wireless connection to your IOS devices
Repeater works 50%, cause the 510. divides in half to repeat the signal from your router and deliver wireless to your IOS devices
AP works 100% but is always cabled to main router
You don't use Pharos Control at all
The instruction
Go to Properties →Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IP)→ Select “Obtainan IP address automatically” and “Obtain DNS server address automatically”
That is the end, Its to test your 510, for Internet, but you don't disconnect cables, you connect one more, from Internet router, to the Ethernet lan 1 that is empty on your 510
Please ignore this step, cause is confusing you, I will help you set it up
If you use WHATSAPP and TeamViewer on your computer, post number or send it via PM and I will help you set it up
To test if you had configured right, disconnect the cable connected to your computer, and connect it to any free Ethernet port free on your internet router
Now use any of your IOS devices and scan the SSID you had set to 510 and connect
If you get internet, cables stay like that, the only change you make, is the cable that goes from POE (black box) to 510 now is maybe 1 meter/3 feet change it for as long as you need it, to deploy outdoors, not exceeding 55 meters, that cable has to be made by someone that knows how to crimp Ethernet cable, or buy it
That step is covered in this statement
You may now unplug the computer from the LAN port of the PoE adapter,and connect the wired network(internet modem/router) into the LAN port.
If Repeater worked as you post, my advice, configure Repeater
If you use WHATSAPP and TeamViewer on your Laptop post or send PM with your number
Options
Related Articles