cpe510 set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

cpe510 set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
cpe510 set up
cpe510 set up
2022-01-30 14:10:41 - last edited 2022-02-07 13:52:45

I have watched all the videos i could find on setting this darn thing up and I cant quite get past one part. i have two cpe510 i bought to get wifi into my metal shop. I have them mounted and have power and ethernet cat 6 cables to both of them, both are lit up green. I plug the one into my computer to set it up, change the ip adress on my mac as instructed to 192.168.0.10 and it shows connction to th ethernet cable on mac. once i type in the 192.168.0.254 to the url after changing ip adress it will not recognize it or open it, page not responding. i tried a ping test and it recognizs the192.168.0.10 but it will not recognize the 192.168.0.254 on the ping test. just to try it i also changed the ip on my computer to 192.168.0.254 and it says that address is in use. I am not tech savvy but I am trying my best to follow directions and get this to work but im stuck now, please help!! Just to try other things i also tried turning off my routers on both ends to see if that would help but no difference. any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

Options
3 Reply
Re:cpe510 set up
2022-02-08 07:52:39

Dear @ee546636 ,

ee546636 wrote

I have watched all the videos i could find on setting this darn thing up and I cant quite get past one part. i have two cpe510 i bought to get wifi into my metal shop. I have them mounted and have power and ethernet cat 6 cables to both of them, both are lit up green. I plug the one into my computer to set it up, change the ip adress on my mac as instructed to 192.168.0.10 and it shows connction to th ethernet cable on mac. once i type in the 192.168.0.254 to the url after changing ip adress it will not recognize it or open it, page not responding. i tried a ping test and it recognizs the192.168.0.10 but it will not recognize the 192.168.0.254 on the ping test. just to try it i also changed the ip on my computer to 192.168.0.254 and it says that address is in use. I am not tech savvy but I am trying my best to follow directions and get this to work but im stuck now, please help!! Just to try other things i also tried turning off my routers on both ends to see if that would help but no difference. any help would be greatly appreciated!! 

I hope these troubleshooting steps can help you:

1. If you are the first time to setup, then you don't need to connect this CPE to your router firstly, just need to power on CPE and connect your PC to it with the cable and no need internet.

And then set the static IP like 192.168.0.10 on this PC, and make sure you close the WiFi on this PC.

If you still can not ping 192.168.0.254 through, you may try to reset this CPE, here is a reset hole on the POE injector(use a pin to press it more than 8 seconds you will see the lights change on the CPE).

After that, do the same steps above and try again.

2. Just confirm with you, does your issue happen after you change the CPE's IP address?

If so, please note that after you have changed the IP of the CPE in the interface, the IP of your PC should also be changed to the same network segment accordingly。

And then try to enter the interface with the new IP of the CPE, and of course confirm to click Save when you change it.

Alternatively, you can go directly to the CPE web interface and use the Quick Setup procedure to change the IP address during the configuration process, which will be easier.

3. Here is a post you can learn more details:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/529878

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-09 14:23:37

@Hank21 

ok I was able to get it past the first part by using Firefox browser, safari will not do it on mine for whatever reason. Now I can set up my access point and rename it and then go to client mode and I can't  find my access point when I do the survey. Dumb question but I must have to plug the other cpe 510 device I want to be the client into the computer also I'm guessing In order to set it up? I already mounted the darn things too. In order to do that do I set up access point while plugged in then plug that one into a router then plug the client one into the computer to set it up? This is frustrating to say the least

Options
2022-02-10 05:26:38

Dear @ee546636 ,

ee546636 wrote

ok I was able to get it past the first part by using Firefox browser, safari will not do it on mine for whatever reason. Now I can set up my access point and rename it and then go to client mode and I can't  find my access point when I do the survey. Dumb question but I must have to plug the other cpe 510 device I want to be the client into the computer also I'm guessing In order to set it up? I already mounted the darn things too. In order to do that do I set up access point while plugged in then plug that one into a router then plug the client one into the computer to set it up? This is frustrating to say the least

Yes, you're right. After you setup the AP CPE, then you need to connect it to your router, and keep the PC static IP, connect PC to the second CPE.

And repeat same step to setup second CPE as Client Mode.

Here is the specific configuration article you can refer:

How to login management page of the CPE: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/710/
How to set up the Client mode: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/727/

After you set up the Access Point and Client, if you the Client has no internet, please follow this link to do the troubleshooting.
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2575/

Best Regards!

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 699

Replies: 3

Related Articles