Move EAP Controller Software to a different PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-09 05:09:08
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have the EAP Controller software installed on my laptop but now I want to move the installation to a new computer.

I have downloaded and installed the EAP Controller software to my new computer but when I start it up it appears to want to set them up as if they are brand new. The software asks for the SSID and a password (if I remember correctly, not currently at home).

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to migrate my install to the new computer. If it makes a difference I am running Windows 7.

Thanks!
Options
5 Reply
Re:Move EAP Controller Software to a different PC
2016-12-01 11:14:09
Hi dubsy,

You can open your old EAP Controller, and in System -> Backup & Restore, click Backup, and the EAP Controller will create a configuration file.

And then you can Restore the configuration file in the new EAP Controller.
Options
2017-12-29 13:15:26
I tried to use different PC to run EAP Controller. I copied all the files in the EAP controller folder from old PC to new PC. But EAP controller on the new PC cannot detect my EAP225. Anyone can tell me what I was missing?
Options
2017-12-29 21:09:50

jhorng wrote

I tried to use different PC to run EAP Controller. I copied all the files in the EAP controller folder from old PC to new PC. But EAP controller on the new PC cannot detect my EAP225. Anyone can tell me what I was missing?

Probably you forgot to forget this EAP. ;)

Just reset it to the factory settings (that's what the "Forget this AP" function does) and adopt it with the EAPC on the new PC.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2021-02-20 03:31:15

@dubsy 

I know this is an old thread but, I am trying to move Omada 4.15 to a new computer. I did a backup, restored on the new install but it only sees the devices as disconnected. I then told the old computer instance of Omada to forget the access points. Again, on the new computer, they show disconnected. 

What is the known good process?

Should I backup and restore or just install noew, forget on the old and will it find on the new? If so, will I have to configure everythgin again????

Options
2021-05-13 20:13:57

@Brumey 

Based on R1D2's post above, it sounds like when you hit forget on the old set up, you reset the EAP to factory. That's why they show up as disconnected.  You'll probably have to set them up again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5677

Replies: 5