Voucher creation by external application

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-07 20:52:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

In hotspot mode, to create voucher we need to login into "Hotspot manager" and tap "Create Vouchers".
We want to have a possibility to create a vouchers by an own application. We develops some solution for the retail POS-system which will not allow for the seller to open a browser over POS-system. We need to place command for the EAP controller to create voucher inside our application code. How we can do it? Does anybody knows where we can take an API description for this?
Options
4 Reply
Re:Voucher creation by external application
2016-12-07 21:46:17
I also would like to get an API specification for being able to control EAPs by an external controller software. According to TP-Link's German support team, the API specification is not available.

That's really bad, since the EAP controller still is available for Windows only, but we use professional Unix/Linux systems in our hotspot system and will surely never ever switch over to Windows for good reasons.

If anyone from TP-Link engineering reads this: please give developers access to the EAP API specification, maybe under a non-disclosure agreement. But sticking on Windows just to be able to control EAPs is a very bad idea nowadays, especially since almost any TP-Link WiFi APs are running Linux firmware, too.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2016-12-17 03:33:27

R1D2 wrote

I also would like to get an API specification for being able to control EAPs by an external controller software. According to TP-Link's German support team, the API specification is not available.

That's really bad, since the EAP controller still is available for Windows only, but we use professional Unix/Linux systems in our hotspot system and will surely never ever switch over to Windows for good reasons.

If anyone from TP-Link engineering reads this: please give developers access to the EAP API specification, maybe under a non-disclosure agreement. But sticking on Windows just to be able to control EAPs is a very bad idea nowadays, especially since almost any TP-Link WiFi APs are running Linux firmware, too.
Oh, now I see.
Options
2016-12-17 03:37:58
I want to make an application with Ubiquiti-paradigma but with TP-Link.
Options
2016-12-17 17:29:55
We offer APs and controllers for WiFi hotspots and could sell more EAPs if we could remotely control them from our Linux- and MacOS (Unix-) based controllers. We already replaced the firmware of our 1.000 WDR4300-based routers in the field and I would like to avoid using third-party software on the EAPs just to be able to administrate them.

Using Windows just for administration of the EAPs is absolutely no option for us.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1544

Replies: 4

Related Articles