Policy routing AND Link Backup?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-02 05:35:15 - last edited 2021-08-21 07:17:23
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey folks!

I can choose between two slow internet connection options where I live; thanks to my TL-R480T+, the answer was "both". Because the speeds are very different, I am not using any sort of WAN port aggregation or traditional "load balancing".

So for some quick background info; I have a 10mbps down / 8mbps up (LTE) connection, and a 4mbps down / 512kbps up (ADSL) connection.

Right now I'm using the policy routing features to push everything to the 10mbps LTE modem, EXCEPT for two bandwidth hogs, my PS4 and my home server. Primarily, I don't want either of those to be bogging down the LTE connection. (the home server handles cloud-based backups for all computers in my home; so it's perpetually uploading, and the PS4 is frequently downloading large updates or large games; which can affect things like streaming on other devices). I also have port 443 on the LTE modem; since that's what most streaming apps use.

I ALSO want to use link backup; but it appears that if I enable that, all of the policy routing is ignored. Both connections are generally always on, but if I leave to travel and take the LTE modem with me, for example; I'd like for everything to just automatically revert to DSL. Is there a good way to do this? I'm brand new to setting up something like this; though it's working pretty well so far!

Thanks!

-John
Options
1 Reply
Re:Policy routing AND Link Backup?
2017-01-19 11:02:43 - last edited 2021-08-21 07:17:23
hey dude, I suggset you contact TPLINK support directly for help
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 632

Replies: 1