EAP 110 - devices connect to the EAP but not access the internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-24 16:48:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
We bought this eap several months ago without ever being able to use it.
I'm trying to install it on a local network of NGOs Association, where they are installed many pc.
the local network has a modem where it comes from the line, and various switches on different floors.
The modem is configured with active dhcp e active NAT , and many PCs connect to the network with static ip.
the range of ip are from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.244
But if i configure the EAP with dhcp or static ip, the mobile o wifi devices connect to EAP but not access to internet.
I try more static ip, set DNS, but without success.
Can help us?
Thanks
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP 110 - devices connect to the EAP but not access the internet
2017-01-25 03:44:00
What do you mean with "modem is configured with active DHCP"? Does it run a DHCP server? So the modem is actually a router, isn't it?

Anyway, you can check wether you get an IP address on a wireless client after connecting to the EAP. If it does not get an IP dynamically, set a static IP on the wireless device, add a default route to the central router ("gateway") and a DNS server manually and try to load a website from the Internet just to test connectivity. If it works, this means you actually don't have a DHCP server in your network (which isn't needed for PCs with static IPs). If it still does not work, there could be another problem.
༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1903

Replies: 1

Related Articles